Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Elder Holland in the hiz-ouse

Yo yo familia!

How's errbody doing? So guess the heck what? Yesterday Tuesday devotional and guess who came to speak to us? Stinking Elder Holland! He surprised everyone because usually on devotional days we get a member of the 70, but he walked into the auditorium and literally every missionary shot to their feet and got dead silent at the sight of him. It was so crazy to see him walk in here! So I've heard Elder Nelson and Elder Holland speak while here at the MTC! I think I want to be a teacher here after the mish, just so that I can here the apostles speak so often!

The things that he had to say were amazing. He spoke about how incredible it is that we get to be apart of the hastening of the work. How we don't just get to talk about it, we get to be apart of it, we get to DO it! That got me super pumped to be here. There was one thing in particular that hit me the most, however. He spoke about make ourselves, the missionary, the greatest convert of our missions. That I need to be the greatest convert of my mission, and honestly that's one of the things I've wanted the most since arriving here. Except, I wasn't sure how to do that, or how to make sure that happens. Well Elder Holland answered that question for me. He said that I need to work my hardest, that I need to give all of my heart, might, mind and strength, that I need to be 100% invested in the work, and that transformation, that conversion will take place. So I realized that if I got too worried or caught up with the future, then I was going to miss everything that was going on now! And everything that I would miss everything that would ensure that my future is the one that I want, that I'm seeking after. Does that make sense? The Spirit was super strong during the devotional, and it made think that I hope I can help other people feel the Spirit in the same way. Elder Holland is such a stud! Such a huge example. He also dedicated 3 new buildings while we were there, so we had the opportunity to be apart of the dedicatory prayer, which was amazing. He asked that angles would guard all the doors of the MTC, and that made me think: I wonder if missionaries in the field have guardian angles protecting and helping them? I think it's pretty possible!

So Elder Holland was the highlight of this week. Today starts the last 3 weeks I have here at the MTC. And starting next Monday, we will be speaking spanish all day every day. And what's even crazier still is that I can actually do it! Yesterday we spent all day talking in Spanish, literally all day, and I was able to do it and get across all of my feelings and what not. That is definitely a humungous blessing from Heaven.

So I should find out sometime next week if and where I will be reassigned. I think it's pretty dang likely that I'll be reassigned, which actually gets me super excited! I get to open ANOTHER mission call, and serve my mission in two different places! I'm really excited at the idea of that. We all made guesses of where we'll be sent, so I want to hear all of your guesses! Send them back to me and I'll add them to our list.

I got letters from Gentry and Taylor! It was awesome. Thank you, you two for writing me! I wasn't intentionally trying to guilt trip you with my last email, but I'm glad it worked! Things sound like they're great for the both of them. What else is new with the fam fam?

So that was basically this week. I'll be back later, as usual, to send some pictures while I do laundry. I stinking love doing laundry, did I tell you that? I don't know why, but it's totally a stress reliever for me haha! I'll also let you know mom, if I need anything, when I send pictures. So anyway, I love you all! Keep it real fo sho!

Con amor,

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment