Monday, August 4, 2014

DyC 6:33-34

Hola familia!

Lively. A very lively week this time around. We taught a lot of lessons realyl early on in the week, we had concilio on Thursday and Friday, President told us transfers while we were there, and on Saturday there was a baptism! Loooots of stuff to report on. I´ll start with transfers because I¨m sure that´s what you all want to know the most. 

I´m leaving Jerez. And I´m going to Málaga! The promised land! I´m sooo excited because this is exactly how I wanted to end my mission, in Málaga and training (which I will do the following transfer). My new companion is going to be elder Merchan, he´s a really good elder and is ending his mission. I¨m going to "kill" him as we call it in the mission. I¨m really excited for so many reasons. I´m going to get there and just baptize, and then do some more baptizing, and finish my time there with more baptisms. I¨m hungry for some baptisms. It´s gonna happen! I¨m determined to help get Málaga it´s reputation back (they´ve geen going through a little bit of a dry spell right now). 

Concilio was great. We talked about the covenant of baptism and it´s importance. President really wants us to up the quality of baptisms that we have, and really follow the requirements outlined in DyC 20:37. He wants us to do our best to ensure that a person understands the convent well. Some are afraid that this well mean less baptisms because it will be harder to get people to the water, but in reality it means more baptisms because retention will increase and these people will be giving referrals to missionaries and talking to all of their friends and families. But it´s going to require some changes on how we do things. As for me personally, I´m really excited about it. It´s the kind of change the mission needs. We came up with a list of things we need to do differently and it was actually everything that me and my comp had decided to do in our compship and zone 6 weeks ago. So now we just gotta get the rest of the mission on board. 

The man that got baptized is named Sekeseke and he´s a cool guy. He´s from Nigeria and he feels bad for some things that he´s done in his past and wanted to recieve forgiveness from God. I had the privilage of doing his baptismal interview. He doesn´t speak spanish which will make church attendance a little difficult at times but it´s all good, he´s slowly learning. 

Last thing I want to share is an impression I had on Sunday. I read the scripture found in the subject line and realized that I need to not be afraid to always do what is right! Never sacrifice your loyalty and obedience to the Lord for anything! No matter what, even if other around you that are close to you are doing other things. You know what´s right, now do it! Heavenly Father will always be with us to support us in our rightous decisions. 

Okay family I love you very much! I hope you have a a wonderful week this week and get lots done and above, that you feel the Spirit in many different ways! Loves to all.

Elder Webb


Sekeseke and "los guapos"

No comments:

Post a Comment