Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Got my Visa!!

Hola familia!

So here is what happened in the meeting! I signed a document, saw my passport with the visa in it, and was instructed that I will finish my MTC time here at the Provo MTC, and fly to Spain on the 6th, as originally intended. So I should be receiving travel plans some time next week. It's a huge blessing that I was given a visa! A stinking miracle! The consul said that there were 50 missionaries approved to travel to Spain, most of which had been reassigned for quite a while. I can't believe out of all the missionaries that could have been given a visa, I was given one, when I haven't even finished my training yet! Such a huge blessing. So! next week when I get the travel plans, I'll definitely let you know what's going down!

Today, new missionaries arrived at the MTC, and tonight they all have a workshop that demonstrates the neccessity of discovering and teaching to the needs of investigators, and how to do that. The new missionaries get together in a big group of about 60 and watch a brief demonstration, and then take over. So the demonstration is this: a convert member is brought in and they portray an investigator. Two missionaries that aren't new "knock" on his door, and then proceed to teach him as if it were a normal teaching situation and no one else was in the room. The goal of those two missionaries is to discover the needs, interests, religious situation etc. of this "investigator". They do this by asking questions, and once enough information has been gathered, the instructor in charge dismisses those two missionaries and turns it over to the new missionaries to teach the investigator. Does this all make sense? So those two missionaries could be in there for 5 or 10 minutes, or 15 to 20 minutes, just depending on the kinds of questions they ask, how good those questions are, and how well they focus on the investigator.

So! The whole point of me telling you about that is because I have been selected to be one of those missionaries that starts off the discussion. Elder Smith and myself have been chosen out of all the missionaries at the MTC, to try and show how important it is to focus on the investigator, and to ask good questions, and that the first moments of teaching are crucial! So, I'm feeling a lot of responsability because of this! That's tonight at 5:30, so please pray for me and Elder Smith that we'll be able to listen to the spirit and hopefully help provide a great experience for the new missionaries on their first day!

Also, I've been called to be the district leader for the last two weeks here at the MTC. I'm not sure if it's any different from when you were here, but some of my responsabilities are getting mail every day (that's the most important one to all the other missionaries) conducting district meetings and such, and just making sure that all the missionaries in my zone are doing good. It's been kind of humbling to be the district leader because in order to do my best and serve my best, I need to have a lot of love, and that's not always the easiest thing to come by. But I'm slowly learning to have patience and to love no matter what, and I can definitely attest that that is only because the Lord is blessing me.

I did something kind of stupid yesterday. During dinner, I ate soup, and sometime during the course of my meal, I had managed to dip the corner of my suit coat in my bowl of soup without me knowing it. So because of that, I was walking around with a coat covered in suit, that was at the same time coating my pants in a nice layer of soup. Awesome. I'll be taking my soup-suit to the dry-cleaner promptly. And I will be more careful around the soup.

So that's pretty much all that happened this week! I'll let you know next week how the workshop with the new elders goes, and if I get my travel plans and what not. I love you familia!

Con amor,

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment