Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years!

 Hola Famila!
Feliz Anos Nuevos!
I really honestly have no idea if that is the proper way to say 'Happy New Years', but I done did my bestest.
So yesterday was normal schedule, nothing special like on Christmas, so Tuesday includes the devotional, HOWEVER there has been an interesting development here at the
Empty Sea, which I shall get to in a moment. There was no special dinner or anything, kind of sad, but I'm over it now.
There is no new word on the whole 'Spain' situation. I put qutoes there because I'm starting to believe that this has all been some cruel joke. Nah I'm just kidding, I don't care. Honestly. I'll be 100% satisfied going absolutely anywhere, whether that's Spain, or South Salt Lake. I always keep in mind why I'm here, and who I'm here for, and neither of those reasons have anything to do with an exotic location, so I'm fine with anywhere. Rumors say though, that we should be finding out something within a week, so I'll for sure keep you updated.
So guess what went down at the MTC?! A freaking zombie apocalypse! Seriously, no joke, OVER NIGHT, a crazy nasty epidemic broke out. Flu like symptoms, the most prominent being explosive vomiting and diarrhea. Literally hundreds of missionaries came down with it. Starting around Sunday night, and getting the worse by yesterday. It's insane. They have a special area QUARANTINED for the infected, and there isn't any more room in that area, so now they're telling sick missionaries to just stay in their rooms with the doors open. The companions of the healthy ones are allowed to join another companionship so that they can go to class. They're saying that if you even feel slightly sick, to stay in. And if you've done either or the large symptoms, that you must stay in your room for at least two whole days. Nuts! Half my zone got infected, no joke, half of my zone. There are reports of the MTC sending about 120 missionaries offsite to hospitals, but I haven't had that confirmed by any official source. Still crazy though. Luckily, no one in my room got sick, and I am in the most tippity top shape. Like a leprechaun that just got off of a rainbow whistle eating a bowl of Lucky Charms. So no need to worry about me, I'm fine and I will be fine.
That's just about the craziest thing that happened this week. It feels like the MTC died. It's weird at house calm, and peaceful it is. I'm sure it'll be back to normal in no time though. So about me sending a box home, I've got a couple of things to say. 1. yes I will be sending a box home. 2. I don't really understand your directions for me as far as shipping. I address it to you, but write something like "pick up for POST MART" on it? Is that right? Does that mean I don't have to pay for the box? I'm rather confused. Perhaps you could just write me a physical letter with a piece of paper in it that has all this already written on it, so then all I have to do is tape it to the box and call it good. Yeah? Good idea? I thought so too.
Anywho, I'll be back on later today to send some pictures while I do some laundry. Tell bob that I'm going to try and write him back today, but it's going to take me a while because my spanish is awful. I love you mumsie, and everyone else that is reading this! I'm glad to hear that the new year festivities were a success, and I hope you start off the new year with great resolutions. And stick to em! You should make your first resolution this: "I resolve to fulfill all my resolutions this year." Yeah I thought it was clever too. Anywho, I'll send some pictures later! Love you all! 
Con amor,
Elder Webb 


Shane and other Elders going to Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment