Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas at the MTC

12/26/2012

Hola familia!
I'm glad to hear that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Mine here couldn't have been better. After Elder Nelson spoke, there was a missionary talent show, and a fireside by brother Greg Olsen. He's such a super star, and I love his paintings. He spoke to us about finding your relationship with Christ. He said that we all as mortals sort of distance ourselves from Chirst because He's perfect and devine. He argued that this has an effect on us spiritually, and that the advasary is probably quite content with us distancing ourselves from Christ for reasons like this, and I agree with brother Olsen. So he suggested that we take just 5 minutes each day to just think about Christ. Just think about what He's like, what we would say to Him if He was sitting next to us, about His ministry, anything really. Just think about Christ, and brother Olsen promised that our relationship with Him would start to become more personal. He said that he has had this kind of change come over him throughout the years of painting Christ and spending all day thinking about Him as he trys to capture the perfect image of Him. I'm going to start doing this because I think that it's sound advice. I'm guilty of distancing myself from Christ for the exact reason that brother Olsen talked about. And as a missionary, I can't afford to have any distance between me and the Savior at all. So there's my spiritual thought for the week. I will step down from my soap box now.
Mom and Bob, thank you so stinking much for the Christmas presents! They were all absolutely perfect! The mp3 player was a complete surpise and totally amazing!! I'm extrememly eager to listen to all that music now, but I have to wait till I'm in the field and it's killing me! It's okay though. I've gotten all the guys in my district to be music enthusiasts with me. I'm constantly beat boxing and everyone takes turns throwing down some sick nasty rhymes about what ever haha. I love it! and at night time before bed, me and another elder sing hymns in spanish. So I've got enough to get me by.
So guess what? The infulx of 18 and 19 year old missionaries has started. Last wednesday we recieved 700 new missionaries, and mixed in that batch were the first of the youngins'. January, however, is when they start coming in full force. The MTC will be completely at capacity by the middle of January, and most of them will be 19 year old sisters. It's crazy! This place is going to so packed, and packed with girls none the less. Time to put the blinders on and not get distracted! Es un chiste, but it's really exciting to see the Lords work hastening. It was really cool to hear the announcement when it was made, but it's even cooler to see it, to be apart of it.
I'm not sure what else you want to know. My spanish is coming along great. That isn't what I struggle with. I struggle with teaching. I don't know how to teach with the spirit. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I guess that's why I'm here right? To learn? I just need to exercise patience, and the Lord will show me how to be a good missionary. Patience is something I lack, and it's hard because I want to be a great missionary NOW, not 6 months before I come home or whatever. I know that I just need to exercise trust and faith in Christ and He'll help me. It's just easier said than done ya know?
Sorry if this was terribly long and boring. Let me know what kinds of things you want to hear from me so that I can make your email reading experience more enjoyable.
I love you all very much and I'm glad your Christmas was a good one! Don't forget to keep Christ in your thoughts and have a Happy New year!! I'll send some pictures later todaysies.
Con amor,
Elder Webb





No comments:

Post a Comment