Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One Month Anniversary

Hola familia!
Well I have 23 months left. This first one absolutely flew by! I can't believe it's been a month alread and I'll be entering the field in only four more weeks! Dats KRAY! This first month has been filled with so many blessings. My spanish is right were it should be, and honestly, it's not to bad. I understand better than I speak, but that will come with practice. Learning how to teach has been more difficult that learning the language. It's so easy to go into lessons with an agenda and every intention to cross off each item on that list. I have a habit of doing that. It's hard to let go of my expectations and desires of what I want to happen, and just let the Spirit take over. Sometimes people don't need a full lesson, sometimes all they need to know is that through prayer, they can come closer to their Heavenly Father. And other times they do need a whole lesson on the Book of Mormon and where it came from and how to recieve a testimony of it. We teach based of the investigators needs, and the thing I struggle with the most is finding out what they need. I stuggle with listening to the Spirit and knowing what to say to them. This is hard stuff! But with more practice, I am slowly getting better and better. I'm grateful for all the opportunities we have to teach here in the MTC. We teach are teachers, who role play as real investigators they had on their missions, and everyone takes it very seriously, and the Spirit is always way strong, so apparently the Lord is taking it seriously too. I'm grateful for all the opportunities we have been given to teach. There's also this thing called TRC, (not sure what it stands for) but that's where actual members of the church come in and get taught by the missionaries. So it's real people, no role playing. And I absolutely love it! It's the closest thing to the real deal that we have here at the MTC, and I love talking to the members and sharing experiences with them. Most of them are RM's and have amazing stories to share. So between TRC and teaching our "investigators" (teachers) I'll hopefuly be much better at teaching by the time I enter the field.
So something interesting to know, we are on the 6 week cirriculum, but scheduled to stay for 9 weeks. So the last tree weeks will just be review, and trying to find out what works and what doesn't, so that when they have the massive influx of new missionaries starting next week, they can hopefully have all the kinks out of the cirriculum. So this week is the last week of learning anything new. Next week is start of the review period. If I was on the other schedule, I'd be entering the field next week! Super crazy! I'm really glad for the extra time to review. I need lots of help with teaching, and speaking spanish needs improvement as well.
So I got a package from you yesterday, and there were some cookies in it. Where did they come from? Those are some of the dopest cookies I've ever had! Cinnimon roll cookies?! Who on earth thought of that?? It's abslutely genius! Thank you for all the treats you include in every package.
So I'll be on again later today and send some pictures. I love you berry much! Thank you so much for everything! (I don't think I'll stop saying that my entire mission) I love you all so much! Tell everyone to follow McKay's example and write me a letter! She wrote me one and it was AMAZING! I still need to hear from Gentry and Talyor and my Dev-Babe. I love you all very much! Talk to you soon!
Con amor,
Elder Webb







This is a list of places that the Spain guys believe we will be reassigned to. What's your guess? Have everyone guess where I'm going. Add your guess in a comment!










No comments:

Post a Comment