Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11, 2013

Hola familia!

 
McKay is going on a mission!!! Ahh it´s sooo crazy! So awesome! Seattle Washington would be such a beautiful mission!! How big is it the mission? Are some other big cities in it? Who is her mission president? Is she going to be able to test out of the MTC? Does she even know Spanish? I´m so excited for her! How cool is it to have two missionaries out at one time! McKay I love you! You´re the greatest!

So crazy week this week. President came and went out with us on Thursday and it was really really good. We went and visited Ester and Luis and we had a super spiritual lesson, and President Deere invited them to be baptized! They were suuuuppper close to saying yes, however, they declined. Luis said that he needs to know more, learn more before he commits to that. But I have faith that they´ll get baptized. They´ve been meeting with the missionaries since before Christmas and they always love it. Just time for me to be patient now ha. So we spent a while at their place and that made us late for our next appointment, which was Fausto, the man getting baptized this saturday. Because we were late, he couldn´t meet with us, so we drove to a neighboring village and met with a less active member that had been on president´s mind lately. We saw a huge miracle here. This man has been going through a really hard time lately. Lots of family issues, he´s trying to quit smoking so that he can take his family and be sealed in the temple, and he has no job, he´s just in a really tough spot. And earlier that day, some cops showed up and reposessed his motorcycle for no reason, and his land lady was threatening to kick them out of the house. And then a few hours later we just showed up at his house, without calling ahead or planning it, and he knew that this was a sign from God that He loves him, and is aware of his circumstances. President Deere gave the man a blessing and it was super powerful. A really awesome miracle to see.

Fausto is super solid. He´s getting baptized this Saturday, the 16th, the second to last day of the transfer, so it´ll be cool to be able to baptize in my first transfer. I¨m super excited! Please pray for him that he will be able to continue progressing towards baptism.
 
So today we took a zone P-day in Granada and checked out the Alhambra. That´s the big castle thing on the blog page. The whole thing is so amazing. There are so many gardens with amazing fountains and old walkways and such. And the inside of the castle is incredible. So detailed, and every room has amazing echings in the walls and the ceilings. I´m doing a really horrible job at describing it all so ya´ll should just come over here and check it out for yourselves. It´s one of hte most amazing things I´ve ever seen in my life! Here are some pics.

This is a shot of the backside of the alhambra, taken from a garden, where you can see some of the gardens that are there. There are lots and lots of gardens
 

We were testing out the castles defences, bunch of these all over the castle
 

Elder Kellers head fits perfectly. He looks like a muslim
 

 

 Lots of fountains and gardens like this. Elder Keller is a creeper
 

So tomorrow I´m going to Malaga to recieve my ´recidency´ card. This little card that says I am permitted to live here, if any sort of authority should ask. All of the missionaries that I came over with will be there. I´m super excited to see them all, and even more excited to be in the mission home! To see President and his wife again and to have meetings and trainings and interviews, but most importantly, to eat Hermana Deere´s food!! She´s such a good cook. I´ll spend the night there tomorrow and come back Wednesday.

So that was my week. If you want that I share more stuff, please tell me! I¨m always so unsure of what I should include in these things. Anyway, I love you all and I´ll talk to you next week!

Con amor,

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment