Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013


Familia!

Shaun´s coming home in three months, and Brad too?? Man that´s nuts! I´ve already been in Spain a month, and it hardly seems like any time has gone by at all. The rumors are true. Time in the mission really does go fast. So let me answer some of your questions mom.

The weather here is cold! Jaé is in the mountains, it´s ON a mountain, so it´s cold and overcast a lot, but it´s starting to warm up now, so that´s good. And for now, I do not need a coat. An elder left one in our apartment and I¨ve been using it, and it´s perfect. So for now, I got a coat taken care of. And as far as checking my email on friday, I´m not sure. I´ll have to talk to president about that, which brings me to my next point.

President Deere is coming out to Jaén this thursday to come out teaching with us! Crazy! I´m super exited. We were eating at a members house on Saturday when he texted us and said "Elders, I want to come out to Jaén this thursday to join you in some lessons. I hope that´s okay!" Of course that´s okay president! duh.  Hopefull he can help Luis recognize his answer from the Spirit that he needs to be baptized. Maybe he´ll also get us some bikes or something becuase the hills in Jaén are killer. My calves and my butt are eternally sore from walking up hill all day, err day. Oh well, perhaps this is a blessing from Heaven. Buns of Steel from Heaven?

So we got another baptismal date this week too. His name is José and he´s for the 23rd. He´s also super exited like Fausto. Teaching people like that, that want to learn and progress, feels so good. It makes up for all the times we get rejected, and I always walk out of those teaching appointments feeling so good. So happy and grateful to be a missionary. It feels good to be a missionary!

Something super funny happened to us this week. Well, I think it´s funny. On Saturday, we were eating at a members house, as I mentioned before. They have 4 kids, 3 of whom are young, like 8, 6 and 4. We were all at the table eating when I looked up and saw in the hallway their youngest son playing soccer in the hallway BUTT FREAKING NAKED. There wasn´t a scrap of clothes on his body and he was just kicking around a soccer ball, no pasa nada, no big deal, like it was nothing. His mom saw him and freaked out and started yelling and Elder Keller and I were trying super hard to keep from laughing. This family is crazy! I love the people here.

So we had a pretty dang good week, we got the standards of excellence for our misison. I´m excited to start another week and help Fausto and José progress towards baptism. And I´m super stoked to have President Deere coming out to teach with us! Did you know his brother is Jason Deere? The guy who wrote the music for all the Nashville Tribute band CD´s? He´s like practically famous in my book. Crazy.


Anyway, I can´t wait to see where McKay is going! So excited! she´s going to France. What was everyone else´s guess? Anywho, I love you all so much! I hope everyone continues to do well. I´m doing fantastic here. Love you all!

Con amor,

Elder Webb


Those two dudes are traing to be matadoros and we got to see them practice. That´s how they practice. Kind of funny huh? 

This is the picture of the Branch presidents parents and mother in law. The couple on the right are his parents and the woman in the left is his mother in law. His mother makes the absolute best tortillas patatas (Spanish tortilla).

A woman´s car broke down in front of 6 missionaries. Elder hooper and his companion are teaching her. If that´s not a blessing, I don´t know what is! elder keller and elder Nuñez did most of the dirty work, I was there mostly for moral support.

No comments:

Post a Comment