Monday, June 23, 2014

Moshia 26:30

Muy buenos dias familia mia!

Let me just say first off that I love you all. Second off, transfers is this week and we got called. I´m getting a new companion here in Jerez de la Frontera. His name is Elder Allsop. It´s interesting because I lived with him for a transfer in Molina last December. He´s a really great missionary, he´s been serving in Jaén for the last 6 months, my home turf! I¨m super excited to be with him, we´ve joked around for a while that we´re going to be companions, and look at what´s happened. This is going to be a really fun next couple of months, we´re going to baptize for sure.

Our baptismal fecha Maricarmen has been out of town working a lot and we weren´t able to meet with her this week. However on Saturday we were walking through the town centro when from a distance this car starts honking at us and waving us down. Turns out that Maricarmen was in the back seat on her way to a birthday party. She waved us down to inform us that she would be coming to church the following day. I was super excited because we hadn´t even said anything to her all week! Unfortunately however she did not make it to church. But at least she understands the importance of that commitment, and she does have honest sincere desires to come. I think it´s just one of those "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" situations, which we´ve all been in, so I understand. We´re just going to be more "pesado" with her and pass by her more often and call her, etc. So please remember her in your prayers!

There are two other kids that have lots of potential. The two Martin and Bentoni. We weren´t able to meet with them either this week, however we did stop by and just chat through the window a few times. They´re great kids and have the most potential, the whole family does. Their mom just works a freaking TON, so it´s hard for her to come to church. However, when she comes just once, she´ll let the boys be baptized, and then we´ll work with her little by little. We´re going to work closely with the young mens leader and the bishop to make sure this kids are known throughout the ward and that they have friends. I ask you all to specifically pray that the ward will be able to effectively fellowship our investigators here in Jerez, not only my compship but the other two as well please. Thank you!

Lastly I want to share some thoughts I had in church yesterday. I was sitting there pondering a talk from conference (The Savior Wants to Forgive, Craig A Cardon it´s  AMAZING!). Sometimes we try hard, but still end up falling, and after having gotten ourselves up so many times, we´re just plum sick of falling and having to get up! And besides, how many times is He going to be willing to forgive me? Sometimes I just get sick of failing. As I was pondering this scripture came to mind, 
Moroni 6:8 - "But as oft as they repented and sought forgiveness, with real intent, they were forgiven." The answer to that question is AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES. The Savior wants to forgive! He wants to help us and He is ever willing to reach out His hand and help us back up again. I am so grateful for the gift of repentance, for a second chance. I am grateful for a loving Savior and Heavenly Father that are with me every step of the way, and are fighting for my success just as much as I am. I ´m grateful for the peace the gospel brings my soul and for the happiness I get as I live it. I love the Lord and His church!

Well my family, this shall be a good week. We have non-stop eating app. today and tomorrow. All that hard work I´ve been doing over the last months will go out the window. It´s okay though, I´d be lying if I said I wasn´t looking forward to it. Then Elder Allsop gets here and we´re going to hit the pavement hard, we´re gonna find, teach, and baptize! Cuz that´s what we do in this mission. I love you all so much family! I hope you have a fantastic week this week, and as always, that you feel the Spirit in a myriad of ways. Loves!

Elder Webb

This is Alejandro Fabrigas, he served in the Barcelona mission with Chad.

This is a church that I thought was cool. These are all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment