Monday, June 9, 2014

God sends us trials‏

Hola familia!

Well that was a stinking long week. We´ve been having some difficulties here in Jerez for the last few weeks. Investigators weren´t progressing so we dropped them all, members weren´t helping much, the zone was taking a lot of our time out of our area, it just seemed like all was coming down at once. At first I was determined to not let it get to me, but by the end I found myself with a very selfish and negative attitude, saying things like "why me" etc, and not being truly grateful for the blessings He had given us. So Sunday during Sacrament meeting I had a nice wrestle with God and He kindly reminded me of these things. Then He was nice enough to bless us with a new family later that evening. They´re really great, the mom works a lot but she´s going to try and make time to come to church once and a while. The two little boys are the ones that have most potential. They´re great little kids, and really smart. They see the potential blessings and how much this will help their family, and so they were really excited to listen to us. They´re 13 and 10, Martin and Benito, so please remember them in your prayers!

Zone training went well. We made a huge promise to the zone. We were talking about faith and how it brings power, as I explained in a previous email. Well we promised them that if they are obedient, repentant, faithful and show it through their actions, they will baptize by the end of July, every single companionship. We felt the Spirit strongly prompt us to promise them that. Please pray for the zone that they will be able to do these things and work hard. There are some compships that are really struggling and want to see a baptism. 

I love personal study hour because it is a time that the Lord speaks to me through the scriptures. So I was down and a little pesamistic last week. Yesterday morning for my study I read in the Book of Mormon Alma 26 because I wanted to know what Ammon and his bretheren did to have so much success. I read verses 27, and 30 and realized what the Lord was trying to say. Be patient in my "afflictions" and be willing to bear and go through ANY trial, just to simply be the means of saving some soul, and the Lord will give me the reward. I felt bad for having complained, and then my later wrestle with him further deepened my resolve to to complain, to be patient and to never give up! The Lord is good, and even more so when we seek Him out. 

Lastly, our ward mission leader Alejandro Frias spoke yesterday in church and it was awesome. He´s a total stud. Lived in Utah for about 10 years, he´s from Mexico. He said something in church that really impacted me. He was talking about how often we let our worldly problems get in the way of our spiritual wellbeing and our spiritual standing. He said "as we worry about how much money we have in our bank accounts, how often do we think about how much money is in our account that we have with God in Heaven? What are we doing to be putting more in there?" ¡toma tío! I really liked that one. So let´s all be putting more money in that account daily, it´s the only one that really matters. Whether it´s a few cents or several dollars at a time, any progress is acceptable. 

Well I love you family! I hope you have a really great week this week and that you feel the Spirit lots of times. I love you all very much! Loves.

Elder Webb

"God doesn´t expect immediate perfection, He only expects immediate progress." - Tad R. Callister 

No comments:

Post a Comment