Monday, April 29, 2013

La Mejor Semana! (The Best Week!)

Hola familia!

What a stinking great week! We had a zone training in Malaga with two other
zones, we had a baptism this weekened, we made dougnuts twice in the week,
and Elder Flores and I cleaned and cooked an entire chicken, by ourselves!


The Chicken



The zone training was incredible. President talked about getting
investigators to sacrament meeting, and what we can do to make that happen.
He taught us something we could do to motivate them to come, give them a
reason to want to come. Essentially, we´re giving them a reason to come. We
invite them to come pray about a question during the sacrament, and to look
for the Spirit in those 10 minutes. I had a big aha moment when we were
talking about this because before, I would always just invite them to come,
and if they didn't I´d be sad. But this is so genious and such common
sense! Help them have Spiritual experiences at church, and they´ll want to
come back! Duh!

This week the Hemana's are coming to Jaen. We are going to be our own district
in Jaen and I am going to be the district leader! First I train, now I am district leader
to new missionaries in the area, and one of them really is actually brand spanking new
from the US! I feel that the Lord has high expectaions for me and is trying to teach me
something, but What? He is preparing me for something, but what is it?



Carmen's Baptism

Carmen's baptism was great. She was so happy, huge smile the whole time. And her
husband Fausto too was super happy. It was amazing for me to see this
family take the steps necessary to becoming an eternal family. One year
from now, they´ll be going through the temple to be sealed, so awesome!
Maybe I could come back to this area and go with them... that would be
sweet. Carmen said to me after her confirmation "after my baptism I didn´t
really feel different, but when you all laid your hands on my head I felt
such an incredible warmth. I feel like a dove, just floating in the air, so
happy and worry free!" YES! That made me feel super good, I´m so happy to
have been an instrument in the Lords hands to help this family find the
restored gospel. Stinking love being a missionary.


We made doughnuts with Esther and Luis AND for an Elders Quorum activity.
Twice in one week! They were incredible. Mom you need to go fine a recipe
for 'roscos' and make them. They are downright incredible. I´ll send you a
picture of what we made. They´re little doughnuts, but they have orange
zest in them, and are covered with cinnamon sugar. HEAVEN.



Rosco Mickey
 



Roscos



I hope I was able to convey the awesomeness of this week, because it was
purely awesome. I love you all so much! Gentry´s wedding is getting closer,
and McKay´s mission too! I hope they´re both super excited! I know I am!
Well, I love you guys and I´ll talk to you next week!

con amor,

Elder Webb








No comments:

Post a Comment