Monday, April 8, 2013

General Conference Weekend

Hola Familia,

Conference was AMAZING! Every single talk was a stinking home run. The
theme to me definitely seemed like obedience and that if you really want to
be happy, you gotta be obedient. Man if only I could have learned that
sooner! There was one talk that stood out to me, one line specifically. He
said that every single person on the earth needs to feel the love that
their Heavenly Father has for them. And I can help them feel that love by
how I treat them and how I serve them. And then I thought, that if the
people can feel the love of God better through me and my comp, they´re
going to want to listen to us more, and want to get baptized! And then I
remembered the line nobody cares how much I know until they know how much I
care. Whoa! that´s some deep stuff. Obedience, peace and happiness, and
love. That´s what I got from conference.

Things in Jaén are Krazy! and there is a captial "k" there. We still have 4
baptism dates right now. José is supposed to get baptized this Saturday,
but at this rate it´s not going to happen. He is so hard to schedule with!
He only ever wants to meet with us once a week, but in order to get
baptized this week, we gotta see him at least once a day. He came to a
baptism of a little girl on Saturday and a member invited him to a family
home evening after conference on Sunday and he agreed. He also promised to
come to one of the sessions of conference, but he bailed on both of them!
And he wouldn´t answer our calls. I´m not sure what´s up with him, but I
hope everything is okay. When ever we teach he´s always super excited. He
gave up drinking and smoking and coffee no problem, and he always says that
he loves having us in his house and that he wants to get baptized, so I
don´t know what´s going on right now. I´m a little confused in case you
hadn´t caught on. We´ll go stop by today to see what´s up.

So our area is for sure getting split and the zone leaders are coming in
tomorrow to go on splits with us and talk to the branch president about
splitting the area. Have I already told you that we´re for sure getting new
missionaries? Well if not, wahoo! I´m super excited to have some more
workers here, it gets a little lonely at times... but not only that,
there´s tons of work here, and it´s growing fast! Super stoked to get to
spend some time with the zone leaders.

Elder Flores is sick right now. Poor guy. He´s always complaing of the
cold, but to me it feels perfect. It´s like 20'C average every day, when
it´s not raining that is. It´s been raining a ton, and there is a hole in
the roof and leaks into our piso, and now there´s a TON of mold in on the
ceiling in one of the rooms. And the owner won´t fix it until it stops
raining, but she says she doesn´t know when it´ll stop raining. So
basically what she meant is she´ll fix it in the summer. Perfect. I´ll take
some pictures of the nastyness and send em' next week.

So thats basically it for right now. This week we´ll just be preparing José
for baptism, and Ester and Luis too, their day is next thursday. Please
pray for these indivuduals! Thank you so much for all your prayers! I love
you all! I hope you all had a great conference weekend!

con amor,

Elder Webb

A lovely blurry shot of Jaén gracias a Elder Flores
 
My District

No comments:

Post a Comment