Monday, April 22, 2013

No Baptism!

Hola familia!
 
So this week we did not baptize Esther and Luis. Super sad moment. Duriing the baptismal interview we found out that they aren´t married! That happens a lot, it´s cheaper to just live together rather than go through all the legality of getting married, so they just say that their married because they´ve been together for like 20 years. But it´s okay! Because they still have desires to get baptized, and they are currently working on getting the neccesary documents to get married. What´s really good is that their desire to join the church is still there. The night after they found out they couldn´t do it, Esther and Luis both cried, which I think it awesome! Because it shows that the desire is there! So we´ll be working more with them to help keep them focused and on the path. I stinking love those two and they´re so close, they just can´t give up! Please pray for them!
 
Another investigator, José, has basically dropped off the face of the planet. I´m not sure what happened, but he came to a child baptism about two weeks ago and we haven´t heard from him since. His phone doesn´t work and we´re not sure if it´s just off or if he blocked our number. Hopefully it´s just off haha.

This weekend we will be having another baptism, and this one´s for sure haha. The wife of Fausto, the man I baptized last month, is getting baptized. She´s so ready, and super excited. She said something to me Sunday that meant a lot to me. She said that when we come by to teach her, we bring her more happiness than she´s ever experienced in her life. That made me feel so good because I know that feeling! That´s the Spirit and she´s recognizing it. Moments like that are what make being a missionary so awesome. Helping this person find the true church of God and feel the Spirit and feel His love. I love it!
 
So I had a cool spiritual experience this week. Thursday was a tough day, we only taught one lesson out of 8 planned, all our backups failed and we spent the day just walking around trying to get in somewhere. Just one of those days. I was frustrated with how the day was going and I wasn´t really talking to anyone in the streete. And that night I was pretty upset, bummed out, and scared for the next day to come becuase I didn´t want to repeat Thursday. I prayed and asked for help and strength for me to be able to enjoy every moment, regardless if we were teaching or if our plans were failing us. The next day we went out and I just started contacting people, determined to have a better day, and in that moment I realized that I LOVE contacting people! When I contact, I testify to people and then I feel the Spirit and that helps me to feel better. So then the rest of the day I made sure to open my mouth and talk to people, regarless of how the day was going. And the day finished our wonderfully. We didn´t get all the lessons we had planned, but it didn´t bother me. I was happy because I was working and I could feel the Lord´s approval through His Spirit. Big eye opener for me, when they say that the best way to be happy as a missionary is to work. It´s totally true!
 
This week we´ll be preparing more for the sisters to come next week, and preparing for our baptism on saturday. We´re also having a zone conference with the Málaga zone on Wednesday in Málaga with Presidnet Deere. Super excited for that. I love meeting with President and hearing him speak, he´s such a spiritual giant! So grateful to have him as my mission presidnet.
Anywho, that´s basically it for now! I love you all and will talk to you next week! Love you!

Elder Webb
 

 
Elder Webb and a castle wall
 
 
Elder Webb and Elder Flores with Cathedral next to them

No comments:

Post a Comment