Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 2 in spain!

Hola familia!!

So this week was super awesome. On Tuesday, we took a bus to Granada for disctrict meeting. We do this every Tuesday. After we were there, Elder Keller and I went on a companionship exchange, and I came back to Jaén with Elder Hooper, one of my zone leaders. So Tuesday night and Wednesday day it was me and him tearing it up here in Jaén. One person that doesn´t know the area, and the other a very new missionary that barely even knew how to get to his own house. Needless to say, that split with Elder Hooper was a lot of fun, and a bit crazy at times because we got lost a couple of times.

We have two families that are progressing right now. The Bolivians and another family where the father is from here in Spain, and the mother is Columbian. Both families are making progress, however it´s slow progress, but progress none the less. I guess it´s not fair for me to ask them to become converted to Christ and His restored church over night. I believe that both of these families will get baptized, most likely next month. Those are really the only progressing investigators we have right now. We found one more this week, and three more last Saturday, but they keep telling us that they can´t meet with us and so they aren´t making any progress. But we´ll get in with them I promise! Please keep the families of Ester and Luis (the Bolivians) and of Roque and Angela (the other family) in your prayers, and pray that their hearts will be opened.

So a couple funny things happened to me this week. On friday we were contacting this man and he was straight up atheist. Elder Keller was being pretty persistant and asking if we could meet with me when all of the sudden he turns to me, rattles off some question in Spanish and then waited for my response. Now keep in mind that I can´t understand anything that anyone says. So I have no idea what this man just said to me. So I pretend to ponder his question for a moment, and then respond with "yes, but..." when he cut me off, said a one last thing and then turned around and walked away. I asked Elder Keller what he had said to me and he told me that the man had said "It´s all a lie! The sciptures, the church, God lied to you, He´s not real and you believe that don´t you?" And at that point I responded with "yes". Perfect.

The other funny thing that happend to us, happened with a member. We were driving with two members to their house to eat. We were talking with the husband about football, and as we pulled onto their street the wife interrupts everybody and says "I´m going to say a prayer so that we can find a parking spot!" and then she just starts praying right there! Sure enough, we found a spot and as the husband is parking (paralell parking) the wife interrupts us again and says another prayer to help her husband be able to park! Elder Keller and I were sitting in the back trying our hardest not to laugh. The members here are nuts.

So we had a good week in Jaén. Today we´re going to go check out the bull fighting stadium that's in the middle of the city. I'll send you pictures of it next week. I´m glad to hear that everything is going good! I love you mom and everyone else! I´ll talk to you next week!

Con amor,

Elder Webb


No comments:

Post a Comment