Tuesday, February 25, 2014

JAS madtown!

hola familia!

Grandma and Grandpa are on another mission!! What?! I can´t believe how
quick that came. It´s going to be a while before I see them again. I¨m so
excited and blessed to be apart of such a missionary family! Yay for
missionaries!

I wish to be a young single adult forever. But not really, that´s not part
of God´s plan, but I sure do love working with them here. I haven´t worked
so much with the JAS (Jovenes Adultos Solteros, the young single adults in
spanish) in any other area, and it´s awesome. Seriously, they are the back
bone of the ward (aside from the great leaders we have). They all love
being Mormon, and talk to all of their friends about how cool it is to be
Mormon. Do they smoke and drink? No! Do they stay out all night when their
other friends go to the club on the weekend? No! Do they come to church
every week? Yes! Do they go to the temple regularly? Yes! And now, this
Saturday Marisol and her two children Josue and Alejandra will be getting
baptized because one of the JAS, Melissa, introduced us to them. I¨m so
stinking excited! We´re going to baptize a family! This is the first family
I´ve ever baptized. I invite all JAS within the sound of my voice to follow
the example of these JAS and show the world how cool it really is to be
Mormon!

The Lord blessed us sooo much yesterday with a huge miracle. We had 8
investigators at church! One of them was a man we have been working with
named Leonardo and he stinking loved it. He also will be getting baptized,
I do not doubt. The members do a wonderful job at fellowshipping the
investigators and making sure they have friends and someone to sit with at
church. And they always ask us to go out with us to teach lessons and meet
the other people that we are teaching. I love the participation from the
ward here. When everyone does their part, things go so much more smoothly
and makes the work more FUN.

Transfers week was this week and we got a lot of new elders in the zone.
Wednesday we spent bascially all day in Murcia picking up missionaries and
dropping them off. Everyone had a really good week, the new elders that
have entered the zone are all really hard workers and there were serveral
companionships very close to the Standards of Excellence. I feel as if
we´re going to see lots of miracles in the coming months becuase of the
type of missionaries we have in the zone. The formula that Grandpa gave me
at the beggining of my mission that I have always remember is: faith +
exact ovedience + hard work = miracles. I testify that that formula is
true. And the zone is now full of hard working missionaries who are
obedient and that have faith. I¨m excited to see what we will accomplish
with the Lord in the coming months.

This week President is coming to do interviews on wednesday and Saturday is
Marisol´s baptism. It´s gonna be an interesting week, very busy for sure.
But those are always the best weeks! Elder Patterson is learning to drive
and it´s pretty entertaining. We got stuck in a round about for a good 5
minutes because he kept killing the car. I feel bad for the vehicle, it´s
probably not a fan of missionaries.

Well my dear family I love you all so much. I know that I can be annoyingly
optimistic at times, but it´s because the Lord´s blessings make me happy,
and they make me see things in another light. Let´s all take Pres. Eyring´s
counsel and look for the Lord´s hand in our lives, for His miracles, and
for His tender mercies. I promise that as you do, you will feel the spirit
of gratitude more abundantly, and will experience a similar change that I
have. I love you all so so much! Go read this talk, it makes me cry. Loves!

Elder Webb

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/i-will-not-fail-thee-nor-forsake-thee?lang=eng






No comments:

Post a Comment