Monday, November 17, 2014

Matt 17:20; 14:31

Hola familia!

Really great week this time. The Lord has lots of power, did you know that? And if we simple have faith and show Him that faith by our actions, then His power always comes down and works mighty miracles. We had quite a few investagators at church, and they all had really good experiences. A couple were saying that they felt the words said were intended specifically for them. Liset was finally able to get confirmed! She and her son have been in and out of the hospital for weeks and she hasn´t been able to come to church, but finally yesterday she made it. Because of the recent flood of baptisms we´ve had, we´ve been working a lot with recent converts. The work has changed a lot since I started. It´s now our responsability as missionaries to take care of our converts after baptism, reteaching them the lessons and having contact with them daily for the first 3-4 months. That change took place in the summer, and now I´m getting a really good understanding of why. The RC are progessing so well! Thank you for all your prayers.

We had intercambios with the Zone Leaders and it was really helpful for my companion, it "opened his eyes" he keeps saying. So now starts the transistion process where he starts taking over, and by the last week he´s the señor companion. It´s gonna be fun! 

A highlight of the week was yesterday and the fact that two of my favorite people on the planet came to church. Sergio and Gimena. I don´t think I have loved investigators more on my mission, than how much I love them. They were the ones that kept saying that the messages and words were intended specifically for them. They loved church! And kept saying that it surpassed all their expectations. At the rate they´re going they will be baptized soon, I jsut really hope they make the decision before I leave!! But they have a really specially spot in my heart and I´m really greatful that I have been allowed to get to know them and too see the change take place in their heart.

On Thursday Elder Kearon of the Seventy is coming to visit us. It´s going to be really good. I´m excited to see what he decides to tell us as a mission, and for the things we can do to improve. I hope he´s blunt and calls us all to repentance. There´s always room for improvement, and I don´t know why but I like it when I get "called to repentance", meaning someone is straightforward with me and tells me what I´m lacking in and where I can improve. You have to be kind of hard to do it, in spanish it´s called giving "caña". So I hope he gives us lots of caña haha.

I love you family and I want you to know that I LOVE being a missionary. Have a really great week and remember to have faith because He can do ANYTHING with our faith. When things get rough, or scary, or lonely, don´t doubt! Keep moving forward, and keep having faith. Loves!

Elder Webb

                                        Sergio and Gimena! I love them!

                                     President and Hermana Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment