Monday, November 10, 2014

DyC 64:33; 84:19-20

Hola Familia!

First let me give a shout out to my amazing sister Gentry and her husband Devon, for she is with child and shall bear this child in the month of may. Let us all pray that he be born on the 6th of May, a fine day if I do say so myself.

Also, Jason Deere, the brother of President Deere (my mission president) is the man behind all the Nashville Tribute Band CDs and he´s just released a new one called Redeemer. I have listened to it and it´s really really good. Ya´ll need to go check it out!

Okay so this week was a pretty stellar one. We found some cool new investigators, an american lady that is married to an argentinian man that live in spain. Kind of an interesting mix. Also some investigators of ours are really progressing well. Jose-lin came to stake conference and LOVED it, we´re going to place a fecha with him tomorrow, and also we placed a fecha with a lady named Belen. And a woman named Gimena has made some really great progession too. 

Gimena has a special place in my heart. She got sick during the week, so we offered to run some errands for them. When we stopped by to pick up the goods to deliver, we also asked her if she would like a blessing. She had never had one before and it was an amazing experience. The ordinances of the Gospel bring the Spirit so strongly it´s amazing. Especially for those who in the past have felt it before, but maybe have gone a little while without feeling it, it always hits them hard during a blessing. That was the case with Gimena I think. The Spirit was definitely strong during that moment, I could feel it, but she was in tears because of the blessing. Afterwards we talked and we asked her what she´d be willing to do to have the feelings of the Spirit more often in her life. I knew that her thoughts immediately went to baptism. We commited her to pray and ask Heavenly Father if she should be baptized. The next day we walked into her house and the first thing she said was "Webb I´m going to church with you this week!" That about knocked me off the floor becaues she´s never been to church since the missionaires started coming over back in March. She´s made some serious progress, so please pray for her that she will fufill her commitment to come to church. In the ordinances of the Gospel, the power of godliness really is manifest. 

In stake conference they talked a lot about the "small and simple things" that bring to pass the great ones. Inmissionary work and in daily life. I enjoyed those talks a lot. So take the Lord´s advice and "be not weary in well-doing!" keep with the small and simple things, daily personal prayer and scripture study, weekly family home evening, and you will be laying the foundations of a better life, of more spiritual power, and of the blessings of heaven to fall into your life, brick by brick. Keep going, keep smiling, and keep doing what is right. Changes to become better don´t happen over night with huge extravagent ocurrences, but rather little by little, through small and simple things. I know this is true because I´ve seen it in my own life over the course of my mission. ¡Animo! ladies and gentleman!

I love you all and hope you have a great week. Please pray for Jose-Lin, Belen, and Gimena and Sergio. We need your prayers! Keep up with the small and simple things that invite the Spirit into your lives. Enjoy the week! Loves.

Elder Webb


                                        look who I saw at stake conference! 


                              and like father like son... (inside joke with my dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment