Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013

Hola familia!
 
Pretty interesting week this week. Yesterday we watched the broadcast of the new mission presidents training and it was super cool. Really inspiring and got me super pumped to go work with the members and hasten the work! Mom and Bob, if you didn´t see it, it´s on lds.org. Go watch it and take notes cuz it´s super good. There is something for everyone in the broadcast. I´m hoping that they´ll put them in print form so that I can have them forever.
 
Saturday there was a blood drive at the church and the missionaries helped out. They even gave us some sweet jersesies so that people would know that we´re special. We were there origianlly to talk to any nonmembers that showed up, but only two came. And so our responsabilities quickly changed to "keep all the children entertained by any means possible". So we had set up a bunch of different carnival style games so keep them all occupied like sack races, throwing dart at water ballons, ping pong; stuff like that. We even had a point system and everything. The Elche missionaries are incredibly organized. After all the activities and blood drive, the members made paella for everyone that was there in a gigantic pan. Literally have never seen a cooking pan this big in my life. They carry it around in a big screen tv box. The paella was super stinking good. Mom if you could, please learn how to make paella becauase I love it! Have another one of those experament nights and tell me how it goes.
 
Thursday there was an emergecny transfer in Alicante and there was a trio in our district: two elders and the district leader. President transfered the district leader from our district to Alicante to replace the elder that left. Then this morning I got a text message from President asking me to be the new district leader. I thought it was kind of funny, like as if a bishop had extended a calling through text. Probably has happened somehwere in the world! I´m not sure I ever told you, I´m in the Alicante Zone, there´s like 20 missionaries in our zone, and in my district there are 8 missionaries and we´ll be recieving two more this next transfer. Not sure if they´ll be sisters or elders, but we´ll see.

This week we´re going to be applying what we learned at the broadcast and working better and harder with the members. And thursday we have specilized training with President in Murcia. Everything is going well in the new area and I´m loving it here in Elche. It´s absolutely ridiculously hot, like I can´t complain enough about how hot it is, but that´s okay. At least I´m getting a really good farmers tan. And my soccer skills are improving. McKay sounds like she´s loving her MTC experience so far. That makes me glad because I absolutely loved mine! I hope everyone is doing well! I´m working on letters for everyone, so please be patient! Send everone my love! Until next week!

 
con amor,

 
Elder Webb
 
Large Pan

Volunteering at Blood Drive
 

No comments:

Post a Comment