Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 8th, 2013

Hola familia!
 
So super awesome week this week. The elders in Crevillente, (a small town outside of elche, those elders are in my district) had a baptism this week. I went to Crev to do the baptismal interview, my first one! and it was super awesome. The girl that got baptized was super excited to be doing it, to be changing her life and starting on this pathway. It´s super awesome to be able to witness things like this, people changing their lives forever, in ways that they can´t even imagine!
 
So me and my comp we set a baptismal date with a lady named Esmarelda. She´s an eternal investigator, but totally loves the church. she´s just a little afraid to get baptized. But last week she had some really spiritual experiences, felt the spirit really strong and that gave her the desire to be baptized and recieve the holy ghost. This all happened while we weren´t there, so evidence that the Lords hand and His angles are here helping us! Her date is for 20th of July, but she lives with her boyfriend. She isn´t sure if she should marry him or kick him out, so we fasted on friday for an answer. We haven´t been back to see her about her experience because she´s been at the beach, so please pray for her to have the strength and courage necessary to do what it takes to be baptized.
 
I saw a miracle this week too. One of the spots on my permanent retainer came unglued and I needed to find someone to be able to fix it. Dentistry isn´t covered in the missionary medical plan, so I was going to have to pay for this myself. I was sitting in church a week ago next to a member when I suddenly felt like I should tell her about my situation, as if she´d be interested or something haha. So it turns out that her sister is a dentist and was willing to fix it for me! Normally it costs 100 euros, but she only charged me 20!! Such a huge blessing, a massive miracle. I´m so greatful that I was able to recognize the Spirit and then had courage to follow through with that. Sometimes that´s what I lack, is the courage to follow through. It can be scary sometimes! But the blessings that follow always far outwiegh the trouble we might have had with following the promting.
 
So Spain is a super sunny place. There is sun every day for like 15 or 16 hours. It rises at 6 and doesn´t go down until about 9:30. is that normal for the states? I don´t rememver it being like that, but maybe I´m just freaking out.
 
Tomorrow I´m going to the mission home for a district leaders training. I freaking love going to the mission home! Only problem is that it´s 8 hours away from where I am. boo. But it´ll be worth it in the end.
 
So a missionary that I knew here in the mission is McKay´s teacher in the MTC! Elder Peterson, and it turns out that me and him went to the same elementary school in Orem and we know a bunch of the same people from childhood! Pretty stinking crazy! Small world or something like that.
 
Well family I feel as if I´ve ranted on for long enough. I love you all very much and I will talk to you next week!
 
con amor,
 
Elder Webb



We made American Pancakes for our investigators!
 

View from our apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment