Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013

Hola familia!
 
This country is super beautiful. The bus ride from Elche to Malaga is about 8 hours. Then another hour of traveling on train and car to the mission home. And the country and sites that there are inbetween here and Malaga are absolutely amazing! Unfortunately this elder isn´t the brightest bulb in the package and I didn´t take a single picture. So mom, please don´t get mad thatt there aren´t any pictures this week.
 
DL training was a blast. I learned a ton from the AP´s and from President Deere. I¨m surely convinced that I have the best mission president in the world. He knows so much and is a Spiritual GIANT. I stinking love him to death. We talked about serving our missionaries better, helping them realize their goals, and helping the new missionaries better. Starting next week, we will be recieving 57 new missionaries in a period of like five weeks, and you add on top of that that there are already about 80 missionaries in the missiona with less than 6 months; President thinks a lot about the news and how he can help them better get a grasp of missionary work and become excellent missionaries quicker. Also, Hermana Deere cooked Hawaiian Heystacks and they were straight up amazing. Super nostalgic for me haha. Mom you ought to cook those this week, just for kicks.
 
So Esmaralda is coming along nicely. Slowly, but she´s still prgressing. She knows that she´s gotta move out of her boyfriends place so that she can get baptized, she´s just really scared to do it. She doesn´t have a job and has no faith in finding one, and her only other option would be to live with her biological father that just found her about a month ago after being absent her entire life. And she´s scared to do that too. She has two kids and wants to be able to be with them forever, but the choices she has to make in order to do it are tough. She probably will not be getting baptized this weekend, but then again God is a god of Miracles! We just need to have faith. Please pray for a miracle this week! I know that if we all pray with faith, the Lord will provide.
 
I also did splits with the zone leaders in Alicante and guess who´s my ZL? Elder Keller! That´s right, my papi. I got to hang out with him all day Friday and Saturday and it was super awesome. Alicante is huge, and super humid, but an awesome city. I would definitely reccomend it to anyone coming through the south of Spain!
 
One last thing before I go, I member gave us a giant chess board, with hand painted ceramic pieces that are the form of moorish knights and warriors. I´m SUPER stoked about it haha, I´ll be playing a lot of rounds of chess during mediodia. I´ll take a photo and show it to you next week. Hopefully by the time I´m done in Elche, I´ll be the next world champoin of chess. Or at least in the mission.
 
Well family I love you all very much! Send Brad my regards and tell him good luck with life in BYU_I-do! Also, tell him to drop me a line. I´d like to hear from him and how his mission was. Love you all! Have a wonderful week!
 
Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment