Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013

Hola familia!

Holy awesome week! Nuts that it´s already been a whole week. Time time
time. There just ain´t any in the mish. Anyway, yesterday at approximately
8 pm in elche Spain, a young man by the name of Andrés made a convenant
with his Heavenly Father and entered the waters of baptism! He´s 9 years
old and wants to live the gospel. He´s such a stinking awesome kid. His two
older sisters are members, along with his aunts and uncles. His mom is next
up in line, and if we keep working with her really well, she´ll probably
get baptized in the next couple of weeks Her name is Carmen, so please pray
for her! She totally knows the church is true. During the baptism,
andres´older sister bore her testimony and his mom was crying the whole
time! She was feeling the Spirit big time. We´re not entirely sure what´s
holding her back, so again, please remember her in your prayers!

We did some service on Saturday, helped a man remodel this old buisness to
be a home. And I helped a member make payea and it was super super good.
Really I didn´t do much, just watched him do it all as he explained it
becuase every time I went to do anything, or to even touch anything, he
would freakout and start screaming that I would ruin it becuase I didn´t
know anything! haha the Spanish people are kind of pridefull, especially
when it comes to cooking. But it´s alrgith. I learned how to do it and I´ll
be trying it really soon.

So I learned something from an investigator this week. We were talking with
a lady named Rafaela (she´s catholic) and we were talking about Jesus when
out of nowhere she asked me if I knew if Jesus was Christian or a Jew. And
with out giving me time to respond, she very blunted informed me that Jesus
was athiest. Becuase the Jews didn´t believe in Christ, and Jesus was a
jew, he was therefore athiest. Elder Morán and myself were trying very very
hard to compose ourselves. It was incredibly diffecult to not laugh at
this, so I burried my face in the book of mormon, pretending to search for
a scripture, while Elder Morán had to fend for himself. She said she had
learned it from a movie, and so we kindly help her see that Christ was not
athiest, but infact did believe in God.

So that was a quick review of this last week. Lots a lessons, lots of
investigators, and lots of fun. Elche is super awesome and I stinking love
it here. I think I forgot to give you my new address the last email so I´ll
be sure to include it here. I love you all and hope you´re doing well! I¨ll
talk to you soon!

con amor,

Elder Webb

Elder Moran, Young Convert, Elder Webb

Elche Chapel. Elche is a beautiful place for sure!


Pallea


No comments:

Post a Comment