Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013

Familia mio!

Whooaa Mckay is entering the MTC on Wednesday! So so so crazy! We´re going
to be missionaries together! Ahh I can´t wait! The whole family now needs
to learn Spanish so that they can join the club. I´m glad to hear that her
fairwell went well. She´ll be a super awesome misionera for sure.

So my first week in Elche was totally awesome! It´s like a completely
different world here compared to Jaén as far as the work is concerned. But
that that I mention it, visually it´s pretty dang different too. Jaén is
the olive tree capital of the world and Elche is the palm tree capital of
the world. It´s super stinking hot here and ridiculously humid. It feels so
muggy every day, especially by the end of the day. But it´s super
beautiful! Lots of awesome colors and the city is a lot bigger than Jaén.
There are two wards here of about 75 people and they´re both super awesome.
There´s right now 6 missionaries in Elche and we´re going to be reciveing
two more next transfer. The mission is growing super quickly and lots of
areas are spiltting. It´s exciting to see and be apart of the Lords work as
it begins to hasten. Next Sunday we will be watching a broadcast to new
mission presidents about that very thing. Next Sunday we also have a
baptism! His name is Andres and he´s 9 years old. His sisters are members
and he wants to be baptized. He´s a super awesome kid.

My companion is Elder Morán. He´s from Argentina but has lived here in
Spain for 8 years. This is his third transfer in the mission, and third
transfer in Elche. He´s a good missionary and we´re for sure going to see
miracles here. The apartment that we live in is pretty disgusting haha.
There was a cockroach outbreak in the entire building not too long ago,
everybody has been affected. So there´s tons of roaches in the piso. We´ve
places a ton of traps and it´s been helping, but we still find several
every morning. I´ve gotten really good at buring roaches with matches. I
live with the two other elders in Elche, Elder Mendoza and Elder Kiffe. I
was in the MTC with Elder Kiffe so it´s super awesome to be back here with
him. It´s super awesome living with four missionaries, I think so any way.
Lot´s of fun and it´s nice to be around more than one other missionary.

So something that´s been on my mind lately has been finding the will of the
Father, and then doing it. Christ said repeadtely throughout His ministry
that He wasn´t there to do anyhting for Himself. He was 100% exactly
obiedient down to the tiniest detail. Now Christ had a little bit of an
advantage because He knew from the beginning what it was that the Father
wanted. It´s different for us because we don´t know right of the bat.
That´s what we have to find out. And that´s what´s been on my mind, how can
I know the Father´s will? How can I know exactly what it is that He wants
me to do? And how can I know that I´m doing exactly what He wants? And this
isn´t just about missionaries, it applies to everyone! Something to think
about in the coming days perhaps.

Well family, I wish you all well. Give McKay lots of love and support!
She´s going to be a rocking missionary. I love you all! Thank you so much
for your support and love as well! I´ll talk to ya´ll next week!

con amor,

Elder Webb



Pig Brains!!

Being Fed Pig Brains Blindfolded


Building in Alicante. Elche looks very similar.



No comments:

Post a Comment