Monday, April 28, 2014

Heeeaaat

Hola familia!

My goodness it is warm here in Jerez. It´s only 30 degrees celcius, but it feels much warmer than that. That´s okay, more people will be coming out and we´ll have the opportunity to talk to more. So it was quite the week we had this week. I said from the beggining that our goal was to improve member relations and start working better with them in order to find better prepared people. Let me update you on our efforts. 

Monday we taught a less active man and the lesson was amazing. He has a strong testimony, but is considered less active because he lives with his girlfriend (also a member) and they´re having troubles getting married. He wants so bad to be a good example to his friends and some recently baptized members that look up to him a lot, it´s just he, like all of us, has his weaknesses and succumbs to them every once and a while. But his disire is so big. And he committed to try harder and help the recent converts come to church and be strong too. The Spirit was really strong.

Tuesday we met with a member family and talked about some 39 references that they gave us to work with. This family is awesome and they help us a lot in the work. After talking we nailed it down to about 10 names of people that have potential to be baptized. We´re going over tonight to contact some of them, so please pray for us that we´ll have the Spirit with us and be able to touch these peoples hearts.

Wednesday we ate with a longtime member that had been a mission president´s councelor for about ten years and loves feeding the missionaries. He made some isrealie dish because apparently he is part Hebrew. All I know is that his food was dang tasty and we´re going back on Wednesday. Blessing from the Lord.

Thursday and Friday I was in Malaga for residency items. It was a quick trip, lots of travel, but it was nice to seem some other missionaries and old companions. I sent a note off to Marisol and her family back in Molina, they are doing great by the way. 

Saturday and Sunday we met with some more less actives and tried helping them feel the Spirit in their home. We talked about what a home with the Spirit in it is like and what we can do to invite the Spirit into the home. They didn´t end up coming to church, but "poco a poco" as they say here. 

Thursday, sadly, there was also a funeral. Our stake president´s daughter passed away tuesday night. His name is President Morales. Please remember him in your prayes because he is a great man and trying hard to help the members and non members here in Cadiz. My companion went to that (I was in Malaga) and helped some members while there. On Sunday there was yet another noteable difference in the members attitudes. We´re still far from our goal, but things are improving, and our area is slowly picking up. Everything is gradulaly growing and things are getting better. The Lord is definitely blessing us a lot.

This week is consecration week, and I couldn´t be more excited. All of us missionaries, all at the same time, collectively try our very best to obey, work hard, and give all to the Lord. It feels cool to be a missionary in the Spain Malaga Mission. We want to do this well, and to do them right. I am confident that the Lord will bless us a lot for our efforts and hard work this week. And hopefully it will have a positive effect on more than one missionary, and that we can all have spiritual experiences this week. In my studies I have come to the realization that 1. I need to love the missionaries more and show it better, and 2. I need to not judge people nor make judgemental comments! Those are some problems that I´m going to be attempting to fix in these next coming weeks. God doesn´t expect immediate perfection, but He does expect immediate progress. So who am I to judge others attempts at overcoming their weaknesses? Anyway, the answer is in the scriptures, and in rightous application. 

So there ya have it. I see tiny little tender mercies everyday and there isn´t enough time to list each one. The Lord is with us, His hand guides this work, I know it. I´ve felt it, and I am an instrument in His hands. There´s nothing better than being on the Lord´s errand! Nothing better than being a missionary. I just gotta drop that line each time, just in case someone somewhere still hasn´t figured that part out. The heat is coming folks, which means my shirts are going to be turning an even more shade of off-white. But that´s a good thing, a physical sign of hard work. I hope ya´ll have a a great week this week and that you all join us in our consecration week! Be perfect in your studies, prayers, church attendace, and fufilling your callings! I love you all so much! Have a great week! Loves.

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment