Monday, April 7, 2014

Chaaange!!

Hola familia!

Fantastic week last week. We saw some miracles, my new companion is awesome, and we had a really good concilio on Monday and Tuesday. Jerez is a really cool place, it´s pretty dang spanish though. This region of Cadiz is one of the oldest regions in Europe. It´s really pretty, and there are wineries on literally every single corner. It´s the european capital of wine. There´s a TON of tourists here from all over the place, especially the cold places. The architecture is still very old spanish, even in the new buildings, so that gives Jerez a pretty unique feel. Every area I´ve been in has been modernized, and now holds a modern spanish feel, but not Jerez. And it´s very green; lots of parks and grass everywhere. It´s pretty unusual for Spain, so I´m enjoying that a lot. I love the smell of freshly cut grass, and I love mowing the lawn. Maybe for one of these P-days I´ll go see if someone will let me cut their grass. 

So check this out. I got to Jerez a little nervous about everything, about the area, my companion, etc. As I was talking to elder Curtis, I realized that we have the same mentality right now. We both know our weaknesses, but we´re not going to let them hold us back. We both know what we want and are willing to do what ever in order to achieve it. And we both want the same thing. He´s a lot of stinking fun, and tactfully blunt. I´m loving it so far in Jerez. 

The area of Jerez is an example area for President, he´s been showing the entire mission the work that´s been going on here, and what can be accomplished if we actually work with members. I¨m grateful that President has given me the opportunity to be apart of the work that´s going on here, and to witness the miracles. 

Things are feeling good here in the new area, and the new zone. We need to help the zone get fired up and excited about working, so that´s going to be the focus of zone training this Friday. It´s the biggest zone in the mission, and there are a lot of good missionaries here, lots with desire to do well, they just aren´t sure how to do it. We´ll help em out with that. 

This email is less preachy this time, I thought I might give ya´ll a break. But just know that I¨m still riding on a spiritual high, so that hasn´t changed. The mission is the best, life with the gospel of Christ and the companionship of the Holy Ghost is the best, and I love being a witness of my Savior. I hope you all have a good rest of the week this week! Please pray for miracles here in Jerez and that we might be able to find those prepared by the Lord. Loves to all!

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment