Monday, March 31, 2014

I will not be still!!

Hola familia!

First off, I love the Lord. I was doing some reflecting on the last three transfers I´ve had here in Molina de Segura. Twelve short weeks, and what have I accomplished? Who have I helped? To where have I progressed? Who have I become? As I was reflecting I couldn´t shake the feeling that the Lord is way too merciful to me, and that His love for me is real. He believes in me, wants me to succeed and has been helping me every step of the way. That thought filled me with such immense joy, like Nephi says "even to the consuming of my flesh," (2 Ne 4:21). I love the Lord. I will go as long as He wants, to where ever He wants, whenever He wants, with whomever He wants, and do what ever it is that He wants. I will be His faithful servant in all times and all places. Because He believes in me, I will go willingly. He has "restored my soul," and walks with me "beside the still waters," (Psalm 23). I love the Lord. I´ll put my future in His hands knowing He´s made me all that I am. His power and His love are real, and they move me until I will not be still. I love the Lord. 

So He has called me to another land, family. The land of Jerez de la Frontera. My new companion will be Elder Curtis. I¨ll be staying as a zone leader, and apparently that zone needs a lot of help. President was telling me on the phone that it´s lost a lot of fire in recent months, and he wants me to go there and help them get it back. Well this should be fun. I have mixed feelings because I love Molina. We´ve had a lot of success here, and I love the members and the ward, and I love the car. But as I said before, I have given Him my life, and I will go where He wants. I actually am excited, I´ve never been on that side of the mission so that´ll be a nice change up. I will forever remember Molina as the land where I learned what it means to be consecrated unto the Lord. 

So all the work we were doing in our pueblos will now be taken over by Elder Patterson and His companion. They´ll do a good job though, I don´t doubt. They have a really good ward here to support them. My new companion is from Utah, we were in the same zone back when I was in Elche. He´s a really good missionary; likes to work hard which is good. The San Fernando zone, (my new zone) is the biggest in the mission, but I´ll do the very best that I can for Him. Not much else matters to me now than doing His will and helping Him with whatever it is that He needs. 

Marisol and her family were really sad to hear the news. They had us over to eat yesterday and fed us Albondigas and it was soooo delicious. I recommend that dish to anyone that wants to try south american food. She got a calling last sunday, she´s the secretary in the relief society. Ballin! She´s so awesome, and I gave her son Josue the priesthood and he was passing the sacrament. This family is going to go to the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity, and they can be together and be happy, forever. I believe that that is true with all of my heart. I love the Lord. 

So I¨m feeling a mix of emotions right now, but above all I¨m feeling the Spirit. I¨m the happiest I´ve ever been in my life, I feel true purpose to my life as a missionary, I feel the Spirit so strongly, and my Saviors love like never before. This Church is true. This way of life is the best way of life. I am grateful that I was able to share part of this journey with Marisol and her family, and to see their lives filled with the light of the Gospel. It was one of His tender mercies to allow me to be apart of that, and for that I say this: I love the Lord.

This was really long. Sorry. I love you family! I hope you have a fabulous week! I´ll get to Jerez on wednesday night. I will be travelling for 12 hours on Wednesday. Lots of fun. So while I¨m there adjusting and getting to know members, I hope you´re all enjoying your week and strengthening your relationship with the Savior! Get ready for General Conference, it´s not every day that the Lord´s Propeht and Apostles talk to the whole world. I love you all so much! ¡Hasta la próxima! Luvz

Elder Webb


This is Archena. Real pretty city. Does anyone notice that I´m losing my hair? Thank you Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment