Monday, March 24, 2014

Blessings flowing out my ears

Hola familia!

Talk about a crazy nuts week. After last week, I was determined to change things, to improve our area and to find new people to teach! With the Lord´s help, we accomplished our goals and saw a ton of miracles. Why is the Lord so good to us? All we are is selfish and we make a lot of mistakes. But I think there in lies the beauty of God´s love. He doesn´t dwell on our faults or mistakes, but He sees us as how we can become. Despite all of my bad attributes, I know that at least I have one, and that is that I try hard. And I think the Lord saw that in us this week and decided to give us another chance. So here´s what happened this week.

Thursday the AP´s came and did splits with us, so we had two companionships in our area which helped out big time. Friday we had a multi zone conference with President Deere and Hermana Deere and it was aaawwesome. President is so spiritual, so inlightened. I love being around him. Every time we get with him, I always leave feeling pumped up, supercharged, and ready to tackle anything in my way. I suppose that it feels nice to be in the precense of anyone that is more spiritual than you. We talke a lot about obedience and the areas that we are going to improve, Hermana Deere talked about faith and the power of it, and the AP´s spoke about teaching by the Spirit and how to do it. Overall it was a really great conference and I felt the Spirit big time. Not necessarily because of the messages we were recieving, but rather the way in which they were being given. President Deere loves, appreciates, and respects his calling that he has as Mission President, and he has a lot of humility towards the subject. I desire to have that sort of humilty. I see him and I know that he depends entirely and 100% on the Lord and that their relationship is something real. I desire to have more humilty towards my sacred calling as a missionary, towards the work in general, and just be more humble in an all encompassing sense. Okay, moving on.

The really cool miracle happened on Sunday. So another ward in Murcia had ward conference yesterday and the noremal schedule got all mixed up. So our time got bumped back to 5:00 pm, which means we had all morning to go out and proselyte. We went to AbarĂ¡n, where Marisol and one other member family live. The other members, Melissa and Noelia (I´ve talked about them before, they are the family that introduced us to Marisol), and Alejandra, the daughter of Marisol all went out with us and were literally taking us door to door to all of their friends houses! Now that´s member missionary work! But that´s not even the coolest part. As we left a friends house we saw two women outside cleaning. I saw them and knew we should talk to them, but we moved on to another house. Well that person wasn´t there, and I still had that feeling that we should talk to them, so I ran back and said hello. They invited us into their apartment, and a man was seated inside. He said that as he watched us walk in he could see a light around all of our faces and that he knew that God had sent us to his house for a special reason. We got talking about coming closer to God and making improvments and changes and the restoration, and they loved it all. They agreed to be baptized next month. What?! But that´s not all, the man took us upstairs and introduced us to his friends who are also in a lot of need right now, and they also loved what we had to share. WHAT?! Talk about blessings. Two families in the space of 30 minutes. Three baptismal fechas. I have been on cloud 9 ever since. We´re going back tomorrow to teach them again. Work causes scheduling dificulties, but they´re going to come to church this week, and I have lots of faith that they will be baptized! The Lord is way to good to us. Their names are Santo, Mari, and Maura. They are set for the 26th of April. Please remember them in your prayers!

So that was it for the week. Lot´s of cool experiences and blessings from the Lord. He took a couple weeks to humble us and prepare us to be able to teach these awesome families. Serisouly though, I had done a lot of self reflecting in the last couple of weeks. Thinking about the real reasons I do this. Is it becuase I want to be able to put on paper that I accomplished x thing or is it becuase I really truly want this person to come closer to Christ and have more faith in Him? After getting my mind in the right place, I feel more prepared to be able to help these people. Please just keep them in your prayers, that they might be able to feel the Spirit and recognize it, and that their faith might increase. 

Last thing, from my studies I learned this week. The gift of the Holy Ghost is really important, do you know that? I know I´ve talked about this before, it´s just that every time I study this topic, my desire and motivation to always have the Spirit goes up, so I study it every once and a while. This is what I learned. 3 Ne 19:1-9. The people just get done being in the presence of the Savior and they´re all super excited. They start praying and ask for the deepest desire of their hearts, and in this moment my thoughts would naturally be that they desire that He come back, but that is not what they do. They desire that they have the Girt of the Holy Ghost given to them! Right after being in the Saviors presence! Que fuerte! Maybe they understand that His visits are only temporary, and that if they want to feel as good as they do with Him all the time, then they need the HG. In PMG it talks about the blessings and benefit of having the Holy Ghost. There´s a lot of doctorine. I invite you all to go read it. The HG is the stinking best, and I will always do my best to live worthily of it. 

Okay I love you all family! I hope you´ve enjoy the letter this week. I hope you all have a stellar week this week and that you feel the Spirit in lots of ways! Love love love! 

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment