Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014

Hola familia!

What a week, well really what a crazy five days becuase I wrote you last
wednesday! First off, I forgot to send photos of the baptism of Marisol, so
I will propmtly attatch those. Secondly, Zone Training went awesome. We
talked about putting everything on the altar of sacrafice and showing the
Lord our willingness by talking with everyone. We also talked about how we
can help our investigators to come to church by teaching them better and by
keeping up with our commitments that we give them. We ended by getting
everyone in a big circle and talked about obedience and some problems that
President has been seeing in the mission, and how we´re going to fix them
in our zone. It was actually really good and I felt the Spirit strongly.
President has been talking a lot about obedience lately and wants to see a
bigger change and a stronger commitment from all of us. That just makes me
excited because I know what kind of things are possible when we are
obedient.

Some exciting news, the church got broken into Thrusday night! They stole
the 42 in. flat screen TV from the relief society room. I know, I was
really disappointed too. It had a nice touch amongst all the flowers and
embroidories. The thieves also broke into the bishops office thinking there
would be something valuable but alas there was nothing. So that was pretty
exciting. The missionaries felt like Sherlock Holmes in the morning as they
searched the chapel for clues and more evidence.

We also had an elders quorum activity at the bishop´s house. Had a big fat
barbeque and a basketball tournament. We dominated of course, but not
because we´re good or anything. Only becuase the members have no idea what
they´re doing when it comes to basketball. We had about four investigators
lined up to come to the BBQ but in the end none of them came, but two did
come to church! One of them, Leonardo, is set to be baptized this Saturday
but is feeling a little nervous. We´re going to talk to him and see if he´d
like to wait till next week to enter the waters of baptism. Please remember
him in your prayers and pray that he has courage.

The car is breaking down too :( we need to take it to the shop to have it
looked at. Some strange grinding coming from the wheels and the breaks are
squeaking. In about 10,000 km it will be replaced. I also learned that it´s
going to be taken away in May. Which means we need to get baptizing and
quick! It´s alright though, I´m in tight with the office elders, so maybe
if we play our cards right, they´ll feel sorry enough for us and buy us
another one when the time comes. We´ll see though.

One real quick line about my studies about the love of God. I learned that
small and simple acts of love and kindness are often the most appreciated.
Alma 37:6 "...I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great
things brought to pass." This is true in a lot of senses, especially when
we are trying to show our love for others. God does this each and every day
and a lot of the time we don´t even notice it. I learned in an interesting
experience the power of the words "thank you", "I´m sorry", and "I love
you". Those are small and simple things that are widely missing in the
world today. So that´s my invitation today. Pick a different person each
day and tell them that you love them. I promise that they´ll feel better,
you´ll feel better, and your world will just be so much more happy. Cheesy
but true.

Hey I love you all so much and I hope that you have a fabulous week this
week! Be careful because there´s a thief out there and he´s got sticky
fingers, so hide ya kids, and hide ya wifes, and hide ya flat screen tv´s
cuz he´s swipen er´body up in hur. The Church is true family! Loves!

Elder Webb

                                       Marisol and family Baptism

                             Break In!!

                                              Elder's Quoum Social



No comments:

Post a Comment