Monday, June 3, 2013

Awesome!

Hola familia!

What a stinking awesome week! We were so so close to getting the standards of excellence. In fact the whole zone was! The standards are set goals established by President that we use for motivation and to build our faith. They´re something that we generally try to reach every week. And we almost got it! We were just missing one investigator in sacrament meeting and finding two more new investigators. That´s okay, this week we´ll get it for sure!

So we had the baptism of Cecilio, the man from the Barcelona mission. He´s such a stinking champ! Such an amazing man. He already has a rock solid testimony and loves the gospel so much. He was crying practically the whole time during his baptism, and during his confirmation yesterday. He´s staying here in Jaén and going to try and move here to live. I´m not sure if he and his ex-wife still have anything between them, but if they do, they could totally be an eternal family now and that would be amazing! Cecilio also has two boys that are of age that he wants to have look into the Church. Another eternal family. BOOM! Take that Satan! I stinking love being a missionary and getting to be apart of these miracles.

So that´s one thing that´s been on my mind latey. The Lord is blessing us so much and I just can´t seem to understand why. Why was I privelaged to witness this miracle and why do I have the privelage to be apart of this mans life and eternal progression? I would really like to know the will of the Father, and understand what He wants and expects from me. What does the Lord want for you guys?

Remember Antonio the man from Bolivia that lives in the pueblo? He came to church and is totally going to get baptized this month. Cool thing is his friend Edwardo (also an investigator) loves music. Him and his brothers toured Spain with his band for a few years and had lots of cool experiences. He has so many stories of being a "rock star". I stinking love teaching him because after every lesson we just talk about music haha. They´re both from Bolivia and have lots of Bolivian instruments that he´s going to teach me how to play. I´ll come with pictures next time. Finding and teaching them has definitely been a tender mercy for me. I´ve missed music and it´s been really nice to geek out about it with someone like me. Edwardo was talking about how awful todays music is and that we need to return to the old days when music had meaning. I almost started to cry when he said that. MUSIC LOVERS EXIST! Long live music! And the Gospel. That´s a no brainer

Anywho, I´m glad to know that everyone is doing well! I hope Gentry is having fun being Bartholomew. Is that even right? No clue. Anyway, I love you all a ton and I´ll talk to you next week! Love love!

Elder Webb
 
Cecilio with Andrés, his former Step son. They´re still really tight, don´t worry.
 
aaaand the after party with the members. Arroz con leche will be the death of me

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment