Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 3, 2014

Hola familia!

What a crazy stressful week we had. We had interviews with President, had a
small intervention with a struggling elder, prepared a baptism for the
sisters, had our mission leadership council and in the end Haider did not
end up getting baptized. He only needed to get a parent signature, but put
it off and off until the very last minute and his mother decided that
perhaps more in the future he can be baptized. He´s a good kid and he likes
church. We´re still going to work with him and try and help him get into
the habit of coming to church forever. Then the change of being baptized
won't be so abrupt. If you can, remember him in your prayers please. The
sisters were able to baptize though, so that was good.



In the leadership council President talked about faith. Faith as a
principle of action and power. God works through power, and His power comes
after we exercize our faith through our actions. He used the brother of
Jared as an example of how he demonstrated his faith through his actions
and the result was power from Heaven. The Lord told him that if he had
faith, all things were possible. So the bro.of Jared had an idea, and did
the best that he could. What did he bring to the Lord? Rocks. A bunch of
shiny rocks. But he had faith, and the Lord saw that, and He showed forth
His power by making the rocks shine and fill the boat with light.



In the mission it´s the same. Every week we have the opportunity to show
our faith to the Lord by making a plan and acting, and then His power will
come. It´s something that President feels that we can all improve on. I
felt the Spirit really strongly during that discussion, testifying to me of
the truthfulness of the work and of what President was teaching. Now I just
can´t wait to get out and make some rocks to give to the Lord! I´ve seen
His power in my mission before, and I know that we are capable of so much
more when we work with Him, than when we try to do things alone.



So in our area, me and my companion are starting from 0. We´ve dropped all
investigators that weren´t progressing and that has left us with a whopping
1 investigator. But I have faith. I know that the Lord will give us His
power in order to find more, teach more, and to baptize. Miracles are going
to be coming here in Jerez.



On top of starting over, this Friday we´ll be having our Zone Training
Meeting where we teach all of President´s stuff to the zone. I´m really
excited for this one because I think it´s going to open the eyes of a lot
of missionaries. It´ll give them a better vision of how to do the work in
their areas and get them pumped up to go out and work. We´re meeting with
President Deere and the stake president here tomorrow to talk about the
work in the stake and what we need to improve, so that will help us too.



Have I ever mentioned that I love being a missionary? I´m feeling the
Spirit so strongly right now and I love it. Being apart of the Lord´s work
is amazing and having my faith increase, my understanding grow, and my
relationship with my Savior strengthen are incredible feelings. I hope that
I never lose this feeling, of the companionship of the Holy Spirit, and I
hope all of you feel it too. If not, well I invite you to seek it out! Cuz
it´s great, and it makes me want to change and to be a better person, and
it makes me happier.



Anywho, it´ll be a good week this week. Thank you all for all your prayers.
We are feeling them here! I love you all so much! I hope you have a
fantastic week and feel the Spirit in many different ways. Loves!



Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment