Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolving the New Year

Hola familia!

Hey I stinking love you all. Do you know that? I want every single person that reads these words to know at least one thing: I LOVE YOU!! It´s nice to be loved, and wanted isn´t it? Love is the greatest driving force in existance. It drives us to good things, and sometimes bad things. To do funny things and sometimes stupid things. It brings the greatest amount of joy and happiness we can know, and also hurts and breaks us in ways that nothing else can. It´s interesting isn´t it? Why the heck am I even talking about love? Well it´s one of my new years resolutions. To be more loving. I have met people throughout my mission that are so filled with love, that after being with them a mere five minutes, I know they love me. And I want to be with them more because they make me feel so good, and happy. I desire to be that kind of person. I believe that part of this love comes from Christ, and our personal love for Him, our appreciation for His Atonement, and my relationship I have with Him. I feel that if I understand the Atonement and His love for me better, then I will be filled with more love and be able to transmit that same love to others. Also being filled with the Spirit I beleive plays a role too, becuase who´s going to carry that love to the person? Anyway, I feel really really loved here in Spain, amongst all the members, investigators, and missionaries, and I want to return that love and help someone else feel as warm and fuzzy inside as I have. Yay for new years resolutions!

Christmas was awesome and it was super great to see you all and to get to talk to Dad and Ryan as well! Best Christmas gift right there, for sure. Tuesday and Wednesday we hardly did any work becuase the entire world was gone to friends or families houses, or they had friends or family over and didn´t want to recieve us. So we hung out with some members and it was really great. We worked really hard Thursday up through the rest of the week and ALMOST got the standards of excellence. We only were missing 3 people at church. Man that was frustrating for me! We invited and had confirmed about 7 people to come to church yesterday. We had rides set and EVERYTHING. And the following day, not a single one came. No one! Man that was hard for me because we had worked soooo hard and did all of our part, but the people always have their agency right? I was really frustratred and kept wondering if God ever gets frustrated like this when we use our agency and break a commandment. I came to the conclusion that yes, perhaps it hurts Him and He gets frustrated, but He NEVER stops loving us and believing in us, that we have the power and strength to choose good next time. So this week, all seven are going to come to church, I believe in them! 

This Friday President and his wife are coming for a specilized training and a talent show to celebrate the new year! I will be playing a duet with a sister, and singing "Danny Boy" with some elders in my zone. Super pumped! We´re going to talk about the goals we want to set for next year, for baptisms and so forth. It´s been a really satisfying year. We saw some odd things like that meteorite that fell in Russia, a Pope retire, some scary things like more natural disasters in preparation for the second coming, and incredible miracles which are the most important the hastening of the Lords work as He sends more than 80,000 missionaries across the globe. And I´m apart of it! Super awesome. I hope the year that you´ve all had has been as equally as satisfying, and that above all you´ve felt the Spirit in abundance, your relationship with the Savior has been strengthened, and you´ve felt His love. And I hope you all know that I love you! Happy New Year to everyone! Love love love.

Elder Webb


No comments:

Post a Comment