Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Murcia de Seguros

Hola familia!

Toni got confirmed on Sunday! I´m so stinking happy for him. His parents have fechas to be baptized! And in like a years time, he´ll be a missionary. The Lord´s work is amazing! Uniting families for eternity! 

Christmas time is here. You can smell it in the air. And in Spain, it smells like Churrizo. Man I love churrizo. There´s decorations everywhere and in the piso we listen to christmas music all day. I love christmas time and I´m doing my best to share the christmas spirit!

Holy stinking cow Molina is great. The Lord has blessed me with an area just as great as Motril. It is a ward of about 55 members and they participate a lot in the work. Kinda wierd because I had gotten used to doing everything ourselves becuase there straight up weren´t members to work with in Motril, but it´s definitely a welcome change. My companion is Elder Lucero, and he´s from Bolivia but doesn´t look like it. He´s a really good missionary, he likes to work hard and he teaches really well. He´s been here in Molina for 2 transfers already. 

On Wednesday when I got here, we found a new investigator named Raul and he came to church with us. We had 4 investigators in church and it all went really well. The members help out a lot by arranging rides for the investigators and such and it really helps a lot becuase the chapel is in Murcia, about 30 minutes away in bus. Raul is from Colombia and he´s golden. When we explained the restauration he got really excited about the Book of Mormon and said "so that mean that if this is true, then your prophet is true as well right?" So awesome! We´re going to work realyl hard with him to help him and his familiy get baptized.

Monday and Tuesday we had concilio, where all the Zone Leaders and the Traveling Training Sisters meet with President at the mission home to talk about the status of the mission and to set goals for the coming month. In December we´re going to do another "Finding Week" like we did back in August and we talked about how many news we want to find. I was, and still am, totally pumped on all the things that had happened to me in Motril, and my faith was through the roof. Everyone was suggesting a goal of about 600 news in one week, and I felt that it was just too low because the Lord can do anything right? So I suggested 1000 new investigators in one week. It went dead silent and some missionaries looked at me like I was crazy haha but I had good reason. The Lord guided me to find 26 new investigators in an area where there hadn´t been missionaries for over a year, and we are 229 missionaries in the mission, we all have at least 6 months, so there is no reason not to set a goal like that! I had most convinced haha, but there were some others that felt a more realistic goal would do. So we all got on our knees and prayed with President for what we should do, and we decided on 800, and we´ll baptize 100 pèople in January and Feburary. Super exciting! We´re going to have to work hard, but it´s totally possible. The Lord can do anything that He wants. And if there´s anything in this world that He wants to do, it´s help the church grow in Spain. So we´re totally going to do it! 

I live in a four man piso and it´s a lot of fun. The other elders, Elders Allsop and Butler and stinking awesome and really good elders. I´m really stinking excited to be working here in Molina and for the new adventure that the Lord has placed in front of me. These last couple of weeks, I´ve felt something change inside of me. Nothing else matters to me except doing the work and helping these people progress. I am willing to sacrifice anything and to do anything to get the job done. I didn´t feel like this before, but it´s also another welcome change.

I love you family! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! Seek to keep the spirit of Christmas alive in every moment and seek to do a little good. do something out of the ordinary. I love you and will talk to you next week! 

Elder Webb

Me and Elder Lucero in front of President Deeres Christmas Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment