Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013

Hola familia!

What a stinking week. Kinda weird actually. We were gone out of the area for two days for concilio and it really bugged me! 48 whole hours where nothing got done. Well we just tried to work even harder the rest of the week to make up for it. We found two news that are incredible, named Celia and Katy, from Bolivia. They´re super great people, the only problem is that they´re super busy and never have time to meet with us! The way we found them was a pure miracle. We contacted this lady on the street and she said "go visit my sister, she´s a bigger believer than me." So then a few days later we knocked her door and Celia answered and told us that then wasn´t a good time becuase the whole family was over, but if we came back Sunday she´d be able to listen. Well we went back and taught her and it turns out that she works on call in the hospital in Murcia and is always getting called in so it was pure miracle that we got in with her! Her daughter is Katy and they´re both super great. They both have desires to find God and be happy. 

Getting people to church is really hard, did you know that? We taught the mother of a member that lives in valencia, (the girl was down here visiting, and turns out is a friend of elder Lucero, he lives in valencia, cool huh?) and it was a really good lesson. After giving the first vision and talking about the prophet and apostles she suddenly was very interested and said by herself without having to be invited that she would come to church the next day. However, after we left, she backed out of her commitment, saying that it was too early. But what´s worse is that she got up and drove her daughter and two other investigators to church in murcia, then returned three hours later to pick them up. That one hurt a bit because she was really set on coming to church, and I knew that if she came she´d feel the Spirit becuase it was the Primary Prgoram! It´s alright though, we´ve got another week to work with her. Speaking of primary program, I played the piano for them and let me tell ya, it was a stinking success. I mean, the performance of 2012 with sister Becki Hone was a bit of a bigger success, but we can´t really make comparisions. There were a lot of differences, the venue, the lineup, the audience, heck even the language! But the Spirit was there, just as strong. Random thought: it´s a neat experience when the Spirit talks to you in Spanish. 

This week we will be having zone meeting in Murcia and will be planning our zone chirstmas pday. I want to have a white elephant and cook a PHAT American breakfast. Others want to just play football, and some don´t want to do anything at all! I´ll convince them of the food idea. Who doesn´t love breakfast? I´m really excited for this week becuase I¨ve got some goals that are really burning in my heart. I want to just get out there and DO what I said I was going to do. Last week we were a little lazy and didn´t work as hard as we could have. Well now I feel bad for doing a have baked job and I´m going to go out this week and GIVE ALL, make every day a 2 Mite day. That´s the invitation I make to you all. A lot of the time, it´s our habit and perhaps even nature to do the bare minimum, or to give only what´s left over, no? Well, like the poor widow who gave EVERYTHING, we need to have the same mentality. In the end what´s important isn´t if you merely did what you were asked, but rather HOW you did it, and WHY. This is going to be a two mite WEEK. In the words of Ben Gibbard (with some slight alterations.) "I´ve got a hunger twisting my [soul] into knots... this is the sound of [a Spirit hungry missionary!]" That´s the theme song for the week. "the Sound of Settling" by Deathcab. Listen to it, and find the same hunger to do EXTRODINARY and give EVERYTHING this week! 

Love you all so so much! Stay warm and be happy! I¨ll talk to you next week!

Elder Webb

                           Name tags make great christmas tree ornaments

No comments:

Post a Comment