Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Miracles and transfers

hola familia!

holy stinking miracles. They never stop coming. My head is exploding with amazing with how much the Lord has blessed us and continues to bless us here in motril, and above I´m oozing with gratitude for what He has helped us accomplish. I feel that I have truly been an instrument in His hands, and let me tell you, it feels great! I feel like Alma when he said "I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." This is what happened. 

Kati and Gloria came to church and they totally loved it. Kati is the young lady that is paralyzed. We had some problems because her wheelchair didn´t fit in the elevator, and Gloria her mom was saying the whole time "lets just go home, it´s easier!" But we ended up carrying her the stairs and they stayed for sacrament meeting. The Spirit was super strong and they totally felt it. I spoke about the Prodigal Son and how amazing it is that we have a Father that is watching and waiting for us to return, and willing to run out to us and help us the rest of the way. Katy and Gloria are pretty hard core catholic, but they totally liked church more than mass, and they now have some really good friends in the church. They´ll get baptized for sure down the road, I don´t doubt it. Gloria is a funny lady, she doens´t like to call us Elder, and so she asked us our names, and upon hearing mine, she insists on calling me by my name becuase she loves it! She says my name is "celstial music to her ears" haha. A really funny lady, and she works really hard for her daughter becuase Katy is totally and completely 100% dependant on her mom. To bathe, eat, sleep, you name it. And Gloria also has to work to provide the house and food and what not, it´s incredible all that she does. And she said she´s for the first time in 8 years found real happiness and peace when ever we´re with them. The Gospel blesses families!

Second thing. Toni is getting baptized tomorrow! There are a couple of reasons, one of them being because I´m being transferred. After only one transfer President is kicking me out! I can´t believe, and I´m super upstet. I¨m headed to Molina in Murcia, back to the other side of the mission. My new companion is named Elder Lucero, I¨m not sure where he´s from but I do know that he´s a really good elder. We´re going to work hard like we have been doing here in motril. Back to Toni. Last night we had a really good lesson with him and his parents and President Izquierdo. His parents stinking love us now and kept saying "man it stinks that you´re leaving webb!" and his mom as we were leaving asked us "hey are you doing anything tomorrow? Want to come over and hang out more with us?" haha it was perfect! The Spirit was with us, and they know we´re not crazy. So Toni told them that he still wants to be baptized and they are totally down with it! So tomorrow he´ll be getting baptized, in the ocean! I will have the honor of baptizing him and I can´t stinkign wait!!

So things are going really good here in Motril and I don´t want to leave, but the Lord needs me in another area. It´s been nice just being a normal missionary and not worrying about anyone but my investigators, but I´m also excited to see how I can help the other missionaries as a zone leader. I imagine that I¨ll being staying in Molina for at least three transfers, hopefully President doesn´t pull me out right when I get comfortable. I have to go pack my bags now. I stinking hate packing my bags. Too bad my mom isn´t here to do it for me...

Hey I love you family! You´re the best! Remember that like the prodigal son, our Father in Heaven is always waiting for us to return whenever we stay, even if it´s just a little bit. He´s waiting, and willing to run to us to carry us the rest of the way. We just need to accept that we´ve made a mistake, and start the journey home. I love you all! Be safe and have fun this week. I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving for reals this time! Love you all!

Elder Webb

                        We went to the beach to look for a place to baptize.

                             This is President Izquierdo and his wife


                         And this is Miguel Angel and his girlfriend Almudena



No comments:

Post a Comment