Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Who is more Crafty?

Hola familia!

I honestly can´t complain. A lot happened, but in the end I have no complaints. First off, for those that are wondering, Toni did NOT get baptized. About twelve hours before the baptism he called us and told us that his brother had be badly injured and needed to wait a week. We told him that we would run over and give him a blessing and he´d be fine and Toni could still be baptized the following day. Well Toni turns out that upon seeing that there was a solution to the problem, Toni opened up and told the truth. His brother was fine, it was actually his mom that was the problem. His parents have been asking him all week to wait to be baptized, wait a month or two, hoping that his desire would leave with time. They had been fighting a lot during the week and the night before the baptism they had a big fight and Toni decided that it will just be better to obey his parents wishes for now and wait a month to be baptized. Heart broken. Satan is a crafty one did you know that? But as I got thinking about why the Lord would let something like this happen, the thought came to me that perhaps the will of the Lord isn´t that Toni get baptized alone, but rather with his whole family. And now we have one more opportunity to open up the family and help them see the blessings of the Gospel. Had he gotten baptized alone, I¨m sure the family would be totally and completely against the church. So I learned from that that the Lord us much more crafty than Satan, now alls we need to do is fufill our part and do it right! No pressure.

The Lord blessed me Sunday in crazy ways to help lift my Spirits. So Motril belongs to the Granada stake, which was the first stake I started in in my mission. Well yesterday was stake conference and I got too see all my old friends and members that I was with in Jaén and it was super great.I also got to participate in the ordination of 3 people to the melchezidik priesthood. One was a convert of mine, the other two were less active members that I worked A TON with. It was so super cool to be apart of that, definietly a tender mercy of the Lord to be sending me to Motril so that I could be apart of that experience. Then He led us to a family of 5 that are super super prepared and will be getting baptized here soon. So like I said earlier, I have no complaints. The Lord knows me, and my needs, and provides for me. He blesses me in ways that even now I´m just realizing. I love being apart of this marvelous work!

I love you familiy and hope you have a marvelous week this week! The internet cafe owner is kicking us out so I need to go.
 
I love you!!

Elder Webb
 
 
 This was my holloween trick or treating pay load. I scored big!
 


This is how I usually end up studying everyday.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment