Monday, October 28, 2013

Un pedazo de milagro!

Hola familia!

The miracles that happened this week have left me speechless. Never in my mission have I been so blessed, and so aware that my Savior knows me, knows my needs, and He knows the people here in Motril and their needs, and He knows where to put us to best help them. Here´s what happened. 

This week Elder Peroni and I found 27 new investigators. The most I´ve ever found in my mission. The most before that was 9, and the Lord helped us triple that. There was not a single day that went by that we didn´t not find a new investigator nor see a miracle happen. The Lord every day was putting us in the right place at the right time and all we did was are part and opened our mouths and talked with everyone. But what´s even cooler is that we put 7 baptismal fechas (dates) with these new investigators! We grew from 1 to 7 in one week! There is a group of jóvenes (teenagers) friends, all around the age of 16 or 17 that agreed to be baptized in about 4 weeks. I love working with them because they´re so young and have so much potential! They´ve never prayed in their life, so we get on our knees and teach them how to communicate with their Heavenly Father. They don´t know that there is a life after death, so we teach them about Gods perfect plan; everything we teach them they just eat it right up! They love talking with us and learning more. Changing their habits and way of life is a bit hard for them, but nothing is impossible for Christ. That´s the miracle of His Atonement: That repentance and change ARE possible for everyone! 

Toni will be getting baptized this Saturday mornign at 11. He´s facing a little bit of diffeculties with his parents, they want him to wait to make sure that this really what he wants. Satan works not stop to prevent people from being baptized, but he´s not going toget my Toni! Please pray for Toni and ask the Lord to soften his parents hearts. 

Last miracle and then I´m out of your hair for the week. We were leaving a cita (appointment) with the youths I mentioned above when out of nowhere a young couple yells at us with the score is of the Barca - Madrid game. Obviously we have no clue so we begin to ask them if they believe in God. They reply in the affirmative and invite us up to talk! We enter there home and guess what we find? A family of 12 people!! It was your classic missionary situation. There were couches lining three of the four walls and they were all filled with people, elder Peroni and I set up two chairs in front of everyone and taught a massive group of people! It was super awesome, but what´s even more amazing is that their pastor in their church has been teaching them that in the last days, Christ would call a prophet and twelve apostels again. So all we had to do was show up and tell them that He´s already done that! Super huge miracle from the Lord.

I cannot begin to describe how much fun I am having here in Motril. The Lord is blessing us like never before and we´re having lots of success. The Lord knows who´s in Motril and where we need to be, and this last week He put us in the exact place we needed to be. Elder Peroni is hands down my favorite companion. It´s as if we were friends before the mission and we just came out here together. He reminds me a lot of Logan actually. We never stop laughing and having amazing experiences. Family, seriously, I¨ve never been happier. No great joy nor happiness comes in this life than from spreading the Gospel and doing the work of the Lord. I love being a missionary! 

Well that is all I have. This coming week we´re going to work like crazy, will all of these people to help them get to the waters of baptism. Please pray for them and the fechas we have. Satan works just as hard as we do, so we can´t let him win! Look for opportunities to serve this week. I love you all!

con amor,

Elder Webb  
 

Motril is a super pretty city, and some day soon, we will have an LDS church as beautiful as this one!

Welcome to Motril. Preapre to have the restored gospel of Christ shared to you

No comments:

Post a Comment