Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013

Hola familia!

What an incredible confrence. Seriously my mind is still racing and the Spirit is still pounding within me. The leaders of the church weren´t messing around this time. We all have LOTS to improve on and it seems like their sick of beating around the bush. It was a nice change I thought, to just be frankly told that we can and need to be doing better. And you know what? They´re right. We have no excuse, and there is none to be had. We simply need to do better. Look for the areas that we are lacking, and improve. That´s been on my mind a lot lately, especially in these last couple of weeks. Up until now, I´ve been serving my mission for myself, hoping to get things out of it that will benefit me, and my thoughts throughout the day are spent centered on me. Well that´s all changing, especially after the call to be better from the Lord´s prophets and apostles. I know I can be a better missionary, I know that I can more fully dedicate myself, and I know I need to work on being less selfish and more loving. So I´m done with the excuses. I know where and how I need to improve, and now I´m going to do it.

That´s pretty interesting about the women wanting to be let in to the priesthood session. I wonder what led them to react that way? Grandma sent me an email and mentioned it a little and I love what she said: "You would think that the women of the Church could understand the way the Priesthood works and not complain that they are being discriminated against. They aren't. Men don't have rallys and complain because they can't have babies! We each gave our own rolls in the family and the Church." and it´s iteresting that Elder Christofferson talked about that very thing in the priesthood session! Not for this reason only, but for the whole conference as a whole, I agree with President Monson that this has been one of the greatest conferences ever. Most spritual, and most inspired. I love living in this dispensation!

So this last week on Tuesday I got a new companion. His name is Elder Pascua and he´s from the Philipenes but has lived in spain all his life. He´s a super awesome elder and motivates me to work hard and be more focused. Right now we are a trio with me and Elder Adams. This week is the last week of the transfer and one of us will be leaving. It´s probably going to be me, which I do not want at all because we´re starting to have some good success here in Elche and we´re going to have a baptism soon. The same thing happened in Jaen, just as things started to pick and I dind´t wnat to go, I got moved. I really hope that I stay in Elche becuase I stinking love it here. We found a new investigator that is golden. He even said the words "I¨m looking for the truth". Outside of stories and PMG videos, I´ve never heard anyone say that. He´s super prepared. His name is José Antonio and is actually a friend of my beloved Jose Antonio that sends ya´ll pictures. He´s reading the book of Mormon and praying and will for sure get baptized. Then we will teach his agnostic wife and show her the blessings of faith in Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation. And then in one year they will go to the temple and be sealed forever! That´s the plan at least. I´m really excited to be teaching him, so please pray for him that he´ll be able to recognize the answers to his prayers!

There was another baptism in the other ward last night after conference and it was super good. The Spirit was really strong and there were quite a few investigators present which was amazing. The missionaries here in Elche are all working really hard and trying their best to do well. There are still occasional problems between companions, but it´s like they said a bunch in conference, when does life NOT offer obsticals? They just help us grow. Thank you all for your prayers and your support. We are feeling them here in Elche.

Welp that´s about all I got this week. Super good conference and being in a trio is exciting. Too bad it´ll only be for two weeks. This week is going to be a good one, we have a lot of plans to find and to teach. Please continue praying for us, because we need all of His help that we can get! I love you all very much! Remember the words of Elder Mayes last night, of how he spoke of having Spiritual stamina. Life is a constant race agains sin and darkness. We need the stamina to be able to witstand it all. So condition yourselfs by truely STUDYING the scriptures, not just moving your eyes over the words. Go read his talk, becuase it was really inspiring for me. 

Sorry this has been really preaching this week, I¨m just still riding in this spiritual high from conference and it wants to get out and into the ears of the people! I love you my dear family and friends. Be good, work hard to please the Lord, and improve yourselvs and your service. I love you and will talk to you next week!

con mucho amor,

Elder Webb


We tried taking one of those photos you see of missionaries in the conference editions of the ensign. It didn´t work out like I was hoping it would but that´s okay!

this is elder pascua my new compy

I found a crossfit gym in Elche! I´m sooooo excited! But I can´t go :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment