Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 8, 2014

Hola familia!

Alright we had a super awesome week last week. President came and gave us some instruction, we talked about the goals for the year and what we´re going to do to meet them. And we talked about the Atonement which was really cool, about how the Atonement is the root of everything. There´s a line in PMG that I really like it says "as your understanding of the Atonement grows, your desire to share the Gospel will increase." It´s so true and something I´ve experienced time and time again. As I more fully understand the Atonement and repentance my drive, my excitement and commitment to missionary work and God in general increase and things go better! And this is something that we can apply in any phase of life, missionary or not. So I just want to invite you all, if things are a little down right now, you need a little pick me up, and want to feel the fire and excitement of the Gospel that you have felt before, go study the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Alma 7 is a good place to start, one of my favorites. So now all of us here are totally pumped up and excited to start the year and be working. We have the goal of 600 baptisms in this year, 50 baptisms a month. It´s a high one, but we can do it! 

After the training from President, we had a talent show and it was really cool. I played "O How Lovely was the Morning" with Hermana Poulton who is a classical piano performance graduate from the U and plays piano like it´s noboy´s business. I also played the guitar and sang with three mexicans "La Bamba" and sang with some other elders the song "Danny Boy" and the final talent I participated in was a small skit about Moses (me) when he has his great vision and then is confronted by Satan (elder Allsop who really just looked like a ninja). The best part was seeing Moses raise his staff and slam it on the ground while shouting at satan "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!" Props if you get the reference. The talent show was a lot of fun and really cool to see all the talent there is in the mission. The Lord really blesses us with gifts and talents, especially if we use them to bless the lives of others.

Best news for this week is WE GOT A CAR!! Ahhhh I am so excited! Now we´ll be able to do lots of work in the neighboring small towns and I¨m stinking excited! I¨ll be driving with my new companion Elder Patterson. Did I mention that it´s transfers today? Elder Lucero is going to Motril! Pretty cool huh? They sent another pair of misisonaires there because the work is progessing so well. My new companion is Elder Patterson from Arizona and Logan Utah. I was with him in the MTC and he´s one of my best friends and I¨m suuuuper stinking excited to be with him. Molina right now has a ton of work that we can be doing and this month of January is going to be a great one. The goal is to have 250 fechas and baptize 104 people in the span of one month between the 13th of January and the 16 of Feburary. In Molina we have about 4 families that all have crazy good potential and we´re going to be working really hard with them. The ultimate goal is just that they feel the Spirit and recognize it, because once that happens they´ll feel good and want that feeling always, which naturally leads to baptism. So please, pray for our investigators that they will be able to recognize the Spirit. And pray for us that we will be able to bring the Spirit! Please pray for Vivianna, Raul, Reinaldo, Erica, Rosio, Emilio, and Maru. God hears our prays, we just need to pray with faith and then go and DO! 

Well I´ve definitely talked long enough. I love you all so much! thank you for all your prayers and support! This is the greatest work that exists. It can´t be stopped, and we all participate in it together! Let us make God, His cause and His glory our number one priority. Then shall we find the greatest happiness and reach our true potential. Thank you for everything! Love love love!

Elder Webb

Adios a mi compañero Elder Lucero. Hasta la gloria hermano. 
 
Moses and the team. We have God, Moses, the Narrorator, and Satan (Ninja). We performed this for some members.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment