Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

Hola familia!

Holy stinking week. I have not seen a week like it, and part of me hopes that I never do again haha. We started off the week with some elders in the district having problems in their compship and not getting along at all. Their problems kept escalating all week every single day. And then another elder decided to add to the mess and suddenly there were three elders involved. On top of that, Esmeralda and her baptism were causing more stress becuase every single day the status of her baptism changed. She was still living with her boyfriend and they were looking for a piso for him and didn´t find one until about 4 hours before the baptism, it was scary! We also had a misisonary activity here in the ward that we were preparing for all week which in the end came together really well. Add all that on top of our normal missionary responsabilities and training, and it was a pretty crazy week. But the Lord helped me get through it, and here we are in Monday. 

I just want to say something about my companion right now. I could not be more satisfied with Elder Adams. He´s such a stinking CHAMP! He works so hard and literally never gives up. I don´t know how he stinking does it! We´ll be conta cting in the street and getting rejected person after person and he never loses his smile , while I¨m over there grumbling under my breath. He´s so full of love and just way to stinking happy all the time. So I have made it my goal to be more like Elder Adams. To be a light. And perhaps I can have a positive effect on someone else.

So after everything, Esmeralda did end up getting baptized and it was awesome. The missionaries all sang a special musical number, Lord I would follow thee, and the Spirit was super strong. It reminded me a lot when I sang with Logan and Jake before I left. There´s a lot of missionaries in the District that are musical and it´s really nice to have music being a part of the work. Right now we´re planning an activity for Novemeber, a Restoration Musical. It´s gonna hit Broadway some day for sure. Back to Esmeralda, it was really cool to see her get baptized because the Hermanas have been working really hard with her lately, and I too even taught her for a transfer, so it was just really cool to see all of our joint effort finally pay off. I love it when the Lord provides miracles.

The activity was a success, which was a miracle as well. All four compships here in Elche prepared a short workshop for the members to help them know how to participate in the work. There´s a lot of members that are scared to talk to their friends or are unsure of how to bring up the Gospel in a normal conversation. Everyone really enjoyed it and the Bishop was really happy with how it turned out.

Now for investigators. A man named Jorge came to church with us yesterday which was super cool. We had seen him on the street about two weeks ago and taught him a lesson and then set up an appointment for saturday, but after a series of unfortunate events, we missed our appointment with him, so I called him to beg forgiveness and asked if he´d like to come to church and he was all "sure I stinking love to come to church!" And so he did. And he loved it. And I feel like he´s going to be the next baptism here in Elche. There are also a few other families that we are working with. Their progress is slow, but that´s better than nothing!

Well family, that was basically my whole week. I hope your week was fun filled and that you were able to see the Lord´s tender mercies; they´re everywhere! Try to look for one tender mercy every day and I promise you that your love for the Savior will increase and your testimonies with be strengthened. It´s allways good to be grateful for what He has given us, because He´s given us everything! I love you all! Have a good week!

con amor, 

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment