Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 16

Hola familia!

Super crazy week this week. We found some new investigators, Rosi and Claudio. They´re both friends of a less active member her named Loli. Loli is really great, she was a missionary in the Canary islands, but because of some problems she´s had and has now with some other members, she doesn´t come to church. But her testimony is still really strong and she likes to help us in the work. We gave Rosi a blessing when I frirst got here to Elche, and lost contact from there. So last week we saw her again and set up a time to do a family home evening with Loli. While we were in the middle of teaching, her other friend Claudio comes walzing in and joins in on the discussion, and he totally liked it! Huge miracle from the Lord. They´re both look for how they can improve their lives and be more happy, so they´ve come to the right place. We´ll be working with them little by little over the coming weeks.

As for Gruya, we weren´t able to get with him with our Romanian member, but we were able to teach him just us. We´re still not sure if he´s down to get baptized. I was using a pamphlet in Romanian (which has the baptismal question on the back, super awesome) and basically using hand gestures to see if he understood. He then again told us that he was already baptized, but in the end said yes again. So we´re back to square one: we´re not sure what´s going on haha. We´ll bring that member over this week and finally find out what's going on in his head. If he doesn´t want to be baptized, I jsut want to know why he always liked us coming over and teaching him ya know?

So a pretty normal week here on the home front. This week however, is going to be totally crazy. I had an investigator before the hermanas came, named Esmeralda. She was an eternal investigator. We had a baptismal fecha with her, but she didn´t make it. Last week, on like Friday, a total miracle happend. She was with the hermanas and as all "I´m sick of this! I want to be happy and have the Spirit and be an eterenal family! I want to be baptized next Friday!" So tomorrow, she´s moving out of her appartment, (which is also a TOTAL miracle becuase he´s violent and possesive) and Friday she will be getting baptized. It´s incredible how the Lord works. His ways truly are mysterious. But I will always try to be prepared for whenever he wants to drop a miracle on us. 

I just want all of you to know that my companion is a super star. He´s got so much desire to work hard and to do well and to just serve. He´s such an example to me, and he helps me to have more two mite days (if you´re not sure what that is, talk to Grandpa Pier). 

Well family, I love you all so much! I hope you all have a stupendous week and that you see the Lords tender mercies this week, cuz they´re everywhere! I love you and will talk to you next week!

con amor, 

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment