Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9, 2013

Hola familia!

Holy crazy week! 38 new missionaries all got here on the same day. It was
totally and completely insane! 17 new areas in the mission opened, which
means we´ve had at least 17 miracles! Movie pun, sorry bout that. So my new
companion is Elder Adams! He´s from Sandy Utah and is a stinking CHAMP. He
wants to work hard,learn lots, and baptize! I¨m really excited to be
working with him. We´ve seen a lot of miracels already and they´re just
gonna keep on comin! Especially with all of your help and prayers!

So this week we placed a baptismal fecha with a man from Romania. The thing
is, I´m not sure if he knows what he´s agreed to or not becuase he doesn´t
speak much spanish! I can´t tell if he knows HE´S getting baptized or if he
thinks there is a baptism that he´s going to watch. So tomorrow we're
coming back with a member that speaks romanian to help get us all on the
same page. It was a really fun lesson because he didn´t understand gospel
terms in Spanish so we were using a Romanian book of mormom to look up
words like "baptism" and "sin" so that we could teach him haha. It was
probably pretty interesting to see to white boys that speak englsih trying
to teach a man in Romanian while referencing a book in Spanish. The Spirit
definitely helped us with that one.

We had a cool miracle today. We were in the mall looking for new pros pants
for Elder Webb when we got a phone call from a member we had just seen in
the bus on the way to the mall. He said that he as a friend that he was
talking to and he wants to meet the elders! So now we´re going there
tonight to visit him. Such a huge miracle, a reference just out of no
where! That never happens. This member is super awesome, he drives buses
and talks to people all the time. The only thing is, he´s inactive! We´re
workign on that though. But he gave us a reference because he was sharing
the gospel while on the bus. Let´s all follow his example and share the
gospel with someone we know this week!

So other than that, that´s pretty much it for this week. I was out of my
area for about 3 days, which kinda sucked. I always get "homesick" or like
"areasick" whenever I´m gone and in someone elses area haha. It´s nice to
be back, and we´re going to hit it hard this week and meet our goals! I´m
really excited to be with elder Adams, and even more, he likes to
excercize! Finially maybe I´ll start losing a little weight haha.

I love you family! Thank you for your prayers and love! Share the gospel
with someone you know this week, and help the Lord in His work! I love you
all and will talk to you next week!

con amor,

Elder Webb

this is a picture of me and Elder Adams. That´s my "I hate doing numbers"
face. Five companionships takes a long time to take the weekly numbers

No comments:

Post a Comment