Monday, September 8, 2014

Mormon 8:35

Hola familia!

Life is great. Sometimes really crazy, but that´s also what sometimes makes
it good. This is elder Merchan´s last week, and he and I are both
determined to make it the best week possible. There are in fact, 3
missionaries in my district that are going home next week. Kind of a weird
situation to have so many "dying" in one district, but it´s bee a fun
experience.

First off let me just tell you how much I love miracles. They make me
happy. And in reality they are what move the work forward, because it´s His
work not mine! Anyway, last Tuesday we go visit some recent converts and
the first thing they say to us is that they have invited a family to come
to church, and the family said yes! Jolín are you serious?! A whole family,
with three awesome kids. They´re named Roxana and Demitrio and they´re from
El Salvador. We have an appointement with them tonight and they´re so
getting baptized! They loved church and have been super prepared by the
Lord (they lived in the US for a while and listened to the missionaries
there). So please pray for them!

I´ve been talking a lot about the Book of Mormon lately, it´s because I
just stinking love that book! The zone leaders asked me and my comp to give
a "taller" (it´s like a talk) in zone meeting on Saturday, on that same
subject. Well let me just say ladies and gentlemen, not to brag or
anything, but this discourse was general conference worthy. I just wanted
to share what we spoke about. There are many many reasons why the Book of
Mormon is important, but after anlyzing it, we narrowed them down to two
big ones.

1. the writers saw our lives (read scripture in subjuect line), and
therefore new what to write. They knew of the temptations we´d have, of the
problems and diffeculties we would have. The Book of Mormon contains the
answers to all the problems we have in our lives today.
2. it is Heavnely Father´s tool to gather Isreal. There´s two kinds of
gathering, the world wide one that consists of missionary work, and there´s
the personal one that consists of growing closer to God. In the
introduction we learn from Joseph Smith that reading the Book of Mormon is
an incredible tool to grow closer to God. It´s Heavenly Fathers tool to
gather us all a little closer to Him, each time we read it. And that is
evident from the Spirit we feel as we read, and from the impact that it has
on our lives.

So my dear friends and family, we should all love the Book of Mormon! If we
better understand it´s importance, we will love it more. And if we really
love it, then we should read it every day of our lives, even if it´s just
for 30 min. or 15 min. Read the Book of Mormon!

So other than that the progression of our inv. is going pretty good. It´s
small, but consistant. The Lord is defininately doing His work here. I¨m
excited for my new companion that I´ll be getting. President called me and
told me officially that I´ll be training again. Which is perfect because
it´s how I wanted to end my mission. Tomorrow I´m going to the mission home
for a "trainers training" and then next Tuesday I pick up my new companion.
Exciting! Anywho, I hope all is well at home. I love you all so much! Don´t
forget to read the Book of Mormon! Loves.

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment