Monday, September 29, 2014

2 Nefi 2:6-8

hola familia!

How´s life for ya´ll?? Things are going well here in spain. Demetrio and Roxana got baptized on Saturday! It was a really nice service, and there were quite a few ward members there as well which was great. This last week was one of the craziest weeks of my mission as we scrambled to get them prepared. They´re a a really great family and have huge desires to set an example for their children and help them grow up with good values. The children decided that they want to wait a little longer to be baptized, so for now it was just the parents, but that´s just as awesome! Thank you for all the prayers in and out of the temple that you have said on our behalf. The focus now is to reteach them everythign and help them start creating new habits like FHE, family prayer, loving and serving one another, etc. 

Elder Hannemann is doing great, I really hardly feel like I¨m training at all. Other than the language barrier, which we all go through, he understands missionary work and is capable of doing things. It´s great and we´re having a lot of fun. We both had the privilage of baptizing and elder Hannemann didn´t even mess up! I was so proud of my little son, he did better than I did on my first. 

We also met a new less-active member that is on the verge of reactivating or going more inactive. He is spiritually hungry and wants to partake of the bread of life. We talked about and he told us about his desires he has to come back, but because of an experience that he had involving some other members, he won´t be coming back any time soon. That made me sad because he´s focusing too much on the people and not enough on the gospel. If you focus on the people and go to church for the people then you´re always going to be disappointed, because we´re all unperfect adn make mistakes. Perhaps whatever happened was something serious and it´s simply just hard to get over and to forgive. While that may be true, let´s not let that be an excuse to not try. Don´t let that stop you from partaking of the eternal blessings and everlasting joy that comes from the gospel. This man´s name is David and we´re going to be working closely with him to try and reactivate him. 

We also had zone conference on Friday and President talked about the Atonement. I love that topic because it´s literally endless. I could talk about this subject all day and I plan on studying it all my life because there is enough thigns to learn to last me a lifetime. And the best book we have to learn about it is the Book of Mormon! I do missionary work because it is how the people of this world learn about and can gain access to Christ´s Atonement. The more we study and learn and understand about the atonement, the greater our desire to share the gospel will be, as Lehi demonstrates in the subject line. I love the Atonement and I am greatful the Christ and Heavenly Father were both willing and loving enough to perform such a large task. The Atonment is everything! And two people on Saturday just gained access to it. Now it´s time for their children to do the same. 

Lastly, general conference is this weekend! I never thought I would get so excited for general conference, but like they say, a mission changes you. Seriously I feel as if it´s Christmas time I´m so excited. So I want to invite all of you to write down one or two questions and take them with you to conference and then listen to the speakers and listen to the Spirit. Because we can all recieve answers to our questions. I´m going to do that, and I´ll let you know how it goes. 

Okay this was way too long. I love you all very much! Have a wonderful week and enjoy conference! Loves!

Elder Webb

                             Here´s a photo of the baptism, it was great!

This is a family photo. my "sons", they all make me proud. Elder Adams, elder Flores, and elder Hannemann

No comments:

Post a Comment