Monday, October 13, 2014

DyC 100:7-8; 90:24

hola familia!

fantastic week this last week. Full of tons of crazy miracles. I feel right now that I´m nothing more than a tool, and the Lord is just placing me exactly where He needs me and fufilling His purposes through me. So many awesome experiences this week. We set two baptismal fechas, had zone conference, got lost in a small pueblo, helped a less active start the repentace processs, had zone meeting, and got super wet in a freak rain storm! 

so last monday a lady called me in the middle of the day and said in very broken spanish, "I´m a former investigator from the Málaga hermanas and I live in London. I'm returning to Málaga on Wednesday and I´d like you to find me a place to live". Okay...? So I had that shoved on me out of nowhere and tried being a realtor for 2 days, and after a lot of phone calls and a few stressful moments, I found her a room to live in. She got here Wednesday and was very happy to have been helped like that. Friday we sat down with her and as we were explaining the Book of Mormon, she inturrupted us and asked "when do you do baptisms in your church? I¨d like to be baptized." Miracle! Her name is Cristina and she´s from Romania. She´s going to be baptized on the 25th of Ocotber. So lesson learned is: be nice to everyone and try to help everyone because "all things shall work together for your good".

The other fecha we have is with a woman named Joy. She´s from Nigeria and she´s also really cool. We were talking about the atonement and being free from our past mistakes when she said "I don´t know if I´m actually baptized, but I´d like to be". I smiled and calmly told her "don´t you worry Joy, we can help you with that." Little did she realize that she had just answered one of my prayers. So she´s set to be baptized on the 08th of Nov. The Lord is working miracles here!

Last awesome experience we had with some investigators. They´re pretty hard headed because they love the missionaries, love having us over and spending time with us, but don´t like the book of mormon. So we got talking about their relationship as husband and wife and how much they care about one another, and all that they´ve experienced and gone through, and all that they´ve accomplished. They started getting all lovey and cutsie as they thought about these things. Then we talked about how all of that would absolutely no point at all, if families weren´t meant to be eternal. The Spirit was soooo strong at this moment and they both were feeling it. I think they both realized for the first time that they want to be together forever. They kept asking how it could be possible and what they need to do, so we talked about the temple. They loved it and committed to pray about the truthfullness of the church. This was some serious progress on their part, and that lesson was 110% by the Spirit. It was lighting the room on fire it was so strong and my testimony of eternal families grew. It truly is amazing that we have been given the opportunity to be together forever. I came out of that lesson on cloud 9 and still haven´t come down.

Well my family, the church is true. Nuff said. This week we´re going to prepare for a coming "finding week" where we will find 888 new investigators as a mission in one week. That starts next week. I¨m excited! Please pray for us to be guided by the Spirit and to have courage and faith. We´re also going to be working with our fechas and our recent converts to help get them started on the path to the temple. It´s been hard to teach them, but they´ve been coming to activities which is good. 

Thank you for all your prayers. Sorry this was such a long one, it was a really good week. I love you all so much and I hope you feel the spirit lots this week. Loves!

Elder Webb



          just knockin doors in the cathedral


and we were eating at dominoes outside when a freak rainstorm came in. My
suit got wet AND my pizza got wet. I was not a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment