Monday, October 20, 2014

1 Ne 19:9‏

hola familia!

First of all, I would like to make it know that one of my long time goals has now officailly been accomplished. Last night I dreamt in spanish! Expect it was more of a nightmare because everyone I was talking to only spoke english and I could only speak spanish, but no matter. Now that that´s out of the picture, let me tell you about the intense week we had. The Lord is blessing us like I ahve never seen. Cristina is going good, we now have another fecha with a woman named Liset, the ward has responded really positively about the finding week,and the children of Roxana and Demetrio are progressing well.

So Liset is a straight up miracle. Perhaps I´ve already written about her. She came to church last week all by herself. We taught her on Friday and were explaining the blessings that come from coming closer to Christ and living His gospel when she interrupted and asked what the requirements are for baptism. Upon explaining DyC 20:37 she asked if she could be baptized!! I was blown away. So we set the fecha with her for this coming sunday. That was ten days away from the time that we set it. She wasn´t able to come to church yesterday because there was a surprise marathon in the city and it shut down all the buses (freaking runners!), but that´s okay because she´ll come next week and be baptized later that evening. I called her on the phone this morning and she said that she´s read and prayed about the Book of Mormon and believes that it´s true. She´s amazing! She has two children and is really looking forward to learning more about the Plan of Salvation. I´m greatful that the Lord is allowing me to be apart of this amazing experience with Liset.

Cristina is progressing nicely. She´s really determined to be baptized. The other day she was suppoesed to have a job interview sunday morning but said no because she knew that she would have to go to church. Such faith! Her date is also still for this sunday, they will both be baptized on the same day, and it´s going to be a really good service. This week is going to be a pretty crazy week because we still have a lot to teach the both of them, and we need to prepare the baptism, and also it´s finding week, but that´s okay! I love being busy, and a little stress never hurt anyone. In fact it feels nice sometimes, keeps me on my toes.

Demetrio and Roxana are doing fine, well Roxana more than anything. She´s the motor behind the family, and is motivating them to read and pray. We had had a fecha with the kids but they have decided once again that they want to wait until they know and understand more. Which is fine, but sometimes a little frustrating because they don´t come to activities, and they only stay for sacrament meeting. We want them to be able to meet other youth but they can´t if they keep leaving church! It´s okay, we have a stealthy plan for this next Sunday so that they stay for the whole time. 

So that was the week last week. Really crazy and really good. We taught a ton of lessons and were blessed with a lot of success. I´m really looking forward to this week because the ward has done a really good job at giving us referrals and helping us in the work. And the ward leaders are doing good at helping us in the conversion process of our investigators. It´s a really good ward here in Málaga. I´m really greatful and blessed to be serving in this area. 

Don´t forget that God loves you all! And that I do too. I hope you have a wonderful week and seek out them Spiritual experiences. Don´t let the world distract you of what´s really important, as they counciled us in the last general conference. Loves!

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment