Monday, July 14, 2014

2 Nephi 25:26

Hola familia!

We had a stinking good week. Were able to find 4 new investigators, we placed another baptismal fecha, we taught a lot of lessons, and the other we have, Gregorio, is progessing a lot. He unfortunately was not able to come to church yesterday because he was working, however he will come this week. The goal with him this week is that we help him get to the point where he´s firm about his baptism and has no fears, so that then on Sunday at church, we can announce it to the whole ward. So please pray for Gregorio!

The new fecha we have is with a lady named Eldi. She´s the sister of a less active member and has known about the church her entire life. She just now has decided to take some time and see if she likes the church and if it´s for her. She´s a really great person and is genuinely interested. She came to church yesterday and really enjoyed it. The ward does a good job at fellowshipping. Everyone greets our investigators and makes sure that they have someone to sit by. It´s a really great ward here in Jerez. So here date is for the 09 Aug 2014. Please if you wouldn´t mind, also pray for her that she will be able to recognize her answer and have the courage to act upon it. 

We still haven´t had the chance to teach people about family history, but we´ve got a big activity in the works! We want to bring all of our investigators and have the members bring friends to the chapel one night and we´ll all learn more about family history and all will have the chance to do a little and get started on their trees. I¨m really excited about family history, my heart has definitely been turned to my fathers. The other day as I was looking at my family tree, I saw the name of my great grandpa and decided that I will name one of my children after him. His name just really sounds good to me. Benjamin Lower Webb. It´s got a really nice ring to it. So there you go, let it be known on earth that a child of mine shall carry that name.

So that´s that. Things in the area are going good, things in the zone for some are going good. Lo que pasa es the missionaries sometimes see what President teaches them and what we teach them as like "flavors of the month", that they don´t need to apply and do ALL things, just SOME, the ones they like you know? However, there are a few that are doing all things and they are the ones that are having success, that are baptizing regularly. So we´re going to talk about that in the next zone meeting in August. 

That´s all I have. It´s stinking hot here in Jerez and I¨m burning. But it´s all good, this experience will hopefully make me more of a man in the end. I love you all family and I hope you have a really great week this week! I hope you feel the Spirit in many different ways. Loves.

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment