Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013

Buenos días familia!

 
This week was pretty nuts. From Tuesday until Saturday, I personally only worked in my area once. I was doing exchanges the entire time with all the elders in my district. This week was just one long episodes of "splits" haha. It was pretty cool though. There are a couple of elders in my district that need some "motivation" if you know what I mean, and we had some good conversations during the exchange. 

Friday was zone conference in Alicante and it was super awesome. We talked a lot about goals and plans. How our goals are how we show the Lord our desires, how we want to spend His time and help His people. And are plans are how we meet our goals and show the Lord that our intentions are true. We talked about how the Lord sees our goals and helps us to meet them. With righteous goals and careful planning, our goals can always be met. So as a mission, we have set a goal to find 555 new investigators in one week. Next week, and that´s one new investigator every day of the week, for every single companionship in the mission. It´s a pretty high goal, but totally doable! So this week in my district, we´re all going to be preparing our areas. Contacting a ton, helping members invite their friends, finding people while we teach, and just working really hard so that next week we can really meet this goal. When I set serious goals and then I work towards them, I feel really empowered ya know? Goals and plans are cool! Drugs and alcohol drool! New rhyme I´m coming up with to teach the Word of Wisdom.

So basicamente that is all we got for this last week. This week will be pretty cool. Specialized training with President, and tomorrow one of the Senior Couple missionaries are coming to Elche and taking us all out to lunch. The Castillos They´re amazing. 

Have I left a spiritual thought? Let´s see, what do I got... How about goals and plans! Even if you´re not a missionary, we can show Heavenly Father how we want to spend our time here on Earth that He has given us by setting righteous goals and then working to achieve them. And if we can master this process of goal setting and achievement, we can go through life becoming the spiritual and physical leaders that He needs for His children! There is a quote by President Nelson in Preach My Gospel chapter 8 about goal setting. It´s pretty rock solid. I invite all of those reading this to go check it out and apply it! 

 Hey I love everyone! Keep being awesome! Keep Christ centered in your lives! And keep having lots of fun! I love you all and will talk to you next week!

Elder Webb
 
Teach Everyone!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment