Monday, May 13, 2013

Great Week!

Hola familia!
 
I can´t believe that it´s been another week already! We´re starting week three of the transfer. It´s crazy how fast the time goes, and how much we do every day. We ended the week yesterday with a Noche de Hogar (family home evening) with some members. Carlos is 32, engadged to a nonmember Ana who is one of our investigators who will get baptized after their wedding. Carlos´ little stister Laura was also with us. Last night was one of the most powerful nights of my mission! Laura´s exboyfriend about two weeks ago committed suicide and Laura felt responsible for it. We shared a lesson on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how He is able to take away all our pain and sadness feelings like that. All we need to do is have faith. Laura was really feeling the Spirit, she was crying, but what´s also cool is that Ana was feeling it too! She said she wanted to know how to let Christ take away her bad feelings and we taught her that she can pray for this relief. She however has a problem with prayer, she´s a bit timid. So what we did was we all got on our knees, and offered a prayer out loud, all asking to be able to feel the power of the Atonement, and man was it powerful! The Spirit was soooo strong! Super super good lesson, and a really powerful moment.
 
Tomorrow I will be going to Malaga for a District Leaders Training and I´m super excited! Going to the mission home is always fun. It´s kind of far away and traveling with other missionaries is always fun, and Hermana Deere´s food is sooo good! Also, and more importantly, I´m going to learn how to help my district better, and how to help Jaén better. I´m super excited for the leadership training. President Deere is such a spiritual giant, he´s always got something to say that I need to hear. I can´t wait to see the changes that are taking place in Jaén. The work has kind of slowed down here, we haven´t found anyone new to teach and neither have the Hermanas. I´m confident that President Deere will help us get the work back up and going. I can´t wait to see how the week unfolds!
 
Esther and Luis came to church, but only for Gospel Principles class. I was certain that they would stay for all of it. That´s alright though because they´ve both come a long ways. Like I said yesterday, Luis said the closing prayer in Gospel Principles class and he prayed for other eople in the world that they would be able to find the correct path like he has. Super cool to see that change taking place inside of him. We´re still working with them to help them get married. It´s just a really long process, and at this point there isn´t much really we can do. Just wait for the papers to come.
 
Well that´s pretty much it for this week! Like I said the work has slowed a little, but we´re going to change that this week! I´ll have lots more to report next week. I love you all so much! I´ll talk to you next week!
con amor,
Elder Webb



pics: This is a birthday cake that Esther and Luis made for me. apples and apple jam and a whole bunch of other good stuff. Love it!
 

And, I finally got your package! Thank you so much for the birthday gifts! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment